Person to Watch in 2012: Seamus

mbince
Mackenzie Bince
Professor Nancy Spina
English 102- H
1/24/2012
The Person to Watch for in 2012; Seamus
Seamus is a young boy with big dreams, the star baseball player, straight A student, and practically boy-genius. That’s not why he’s worth watching. He’s worth watching because he’s the type of boy, who would literally drop everything just to help another people. He’s the type of person who never gives up the chance to spare a few dollars of his to the struggling musician or the homeless veteran. Seamus is overall a good influence and positive person to be around. Now, although he has accomplished many things, the scariest part is the fact that he’s only ten years old.
Many people ask “why would we watch out for a ten year old boy?” since he’s too young to do anything ‘that great’ this year. But this is no ordinary boy; he’s a boy with a golden heart. As a society shouldn’t we be rewarding and cherishing those who have a good soul rather than a crazed celebrity, such as Charlie Sheen’s drug addiction or Britney Spear’s endless romance list. So ask yourself again who you should be looking up to.
Following the New Year, society gathers millions of New Year’s resolutions in hopes that we create a change, typically for the better. What better ways to change than focusing on the true good people contain and becoming a better person? We need to change ourselves before we focus on our surrounding world because is we change than we will be one step closer to happiness as a whole.
Seamus is living that change society chases because of one reason’ he doesn’t let money, drugs or alcohol influence his ambitions. Effects that adults can commonly let influence their daily life. If it’s that easy to be happy, then why doesn’t everyone do it? Because over the years we lose sight of our dreams and we let the occasional roadblocks in life barricade us from accomplishing our goals. Starting over after you have let those kind of decisions influence your life it is even harder.
So this boy Seamus aspires to become a MLB player, like any typical boy. These types of jobs aren’t as easy to come by compared too many other types of careers, and it takes a very special type of person to actually get involved within the MLB. What’s not so typical is the fact that I truly believe he will accomplish anything that he puts his mind to, and I have full faith that he will succeed in his lifetime based on the type of kid he is today. He will surpass the millions to accomplish his dreams, thanks to his parents who are in constant support of his dreams. As for society, make the change. Focus on your goals and maybe that dream of becoming an astronaut of firefighter won’t be just a dream anymore, but rather become a reality. Watch out for Seamus, my little brother.
Comment by SOFLarchive

What an amazing story about a young man.
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:23:15 PM