Person to Watch in 2012: The willpower of women

rrbaranowski
At the beginning of a new year people tend to look back at the past year and remember events that had major impacts on their life. Some of the major events could be accomplishments, triumphs, or tragedies. At the end of 2011, Debra had a rough unfortunate chain of events that occurred which had altered her life forever. By December 2011, Debbie had lost her job and had ended a 28-year marriage with her alcoholic husband who she thought was her soul mate. She had never been at such a low point in her life. In just less than a month, Debra has decided to not just be content with her life but to truly enjoy each and every second of her life. Debra has stepped up her game and is starting to take control of her new life. She no longer wants to feel as if she cannot dictate where her new journey is headed.
In 2012, through tears, struggles, and hardship Debra has found the courage and the strength to let go of her past life by moving forward with her divorce. She has also spent extra hours with her 11-year old son improving his grades in school and also calls her daughter at least once everyday to keep in touch while she is at college. Debbie is a superwoman, who is fighting off every obstacle that comes her way. Besides constantly being involved in her children’s life, Debra has managed to keep her home and redecorate the rooms; although Debra is not currently working, she still has a full-time job at home providing for her son and helping him through this trying time.
The goals Debra has planned for her new life is to search for a job that is Monday through Friday so she can spend the weekends for the first time in her life with her son and daughter. Debra also plans to save money so she and her family can go to St. Martin on vacation. One of Debra’s dreams has always been to provide her family with everything they desire and now she is working harder than ever to make sure that she and her children make memories share laughs and enjoy life. Debra’s ultimate goal for 2012 is to make sure that her family always stays close and that communication will never be a problem again within her family.
Debra’s new life and goals are already in progress. She has already accomplished improving her son’s grades and having open communication. Debra will not stop at any cost until all of her goals are met. With Debra’s perseverance and drive she will be able to accomplish anything. Debbie is an inspiration not only to her children but to many single mothers trying to find a new life. Although Debra is one of millions of people trying to get their lives back together, she has such a strong willpower and that is why Debra is the person to watch for in 2012.

Rachel Baranowski