Person to Watch in 2012: Aaron Rodgers

ryan.gentry
Aaron Rodgers is arguably one of the best quarterbacks in the National Football League (NFL). The biggest topic in today’s world is sports, and the NFL is the most popular sport in America. Rodgers won MVP in 2011 and has the ideal skills to be named “the person to watch for in 2012.”
In 2010, nobody would’ve thought that Rodgers could lead his 10-6 Green bay Packers to the Super Bowl and to actually win it. Surprisingly enough, he did what the doubters say he couldn’t do. The next year, Rodgers had one of the best years statistically in his short football career with a record of 15-1. Their loss came from a hungry but mediocre Kansas City Chiefs team. Coming into the playoffs, every sport analyst expected a repeat to the Super Bowl from the Packers. Nonetheless, they lost to the New York Giants at home and shocked the sports nation. Every football fan is now looking at Rodgers to rebound from his mediocre play against the Giants with another Super Bowl run. What separates athletes from each other from the average is rebounding from either a disappointing play, game, or even a season. This is one of the major reasons Aaron Rodgers is somebody to look forward in 2012.
Chosen in the 2009 NFL draft as the 23rd pick, taken by the Green Bay Packers, nobody would’ve thought how excellent a quarterback Rodgers would turn out to be. He has the arm strength to sling the ball 50 yards down the field for a Hail Mary catch to Greg Jennings. With his excellent arm accuracy he weaved the ball in between the double coverage to Donald Driver. His awareness of the field and what’s surrounding him makes it very hard for defenders to sack him and he is very difficult to read where he’s going with the ball which makes it tough for the secondary to grab an interception. Something most quarterbacks in the league aren’t skilled with is Rodgers blazing speed and his swiftly agility. Rodgers can literally do it all. He has the arm to pass it anywhere he wants to throw it to, and can run with the ball if no one is open downfield. He is a double threat to the Packers offense, and makes Green Bay offense one of the toughest offenses to defend.
Looking forward to the 2012-2013 season, there will be some great talent coming from the quarterback position. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and his brother Eli Manning are all elite level quarterbacks but none of them are as enjoyable to watch on television as Rodgers. He has that certain swagger about him that every person has a fond about. He gives back to the community, he’s a great teammate, and he’s even been in some of the State Farm commercials. From winning the Super Bowl in 2010 to the upset by the unlikely giants in 2011, has every football fan looking at him to see if he has it in him to make another run towards the 2012 Super Bowl.

Ryan G.
Comment by ryan.gentry

This kid knows how to write a story. Bravo!
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:21:44 PM
Comment by isaac.marquis

Yo my yunger brother wrote a story just like this.... he's 3
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:24:28 PM
Comment by ryan.gentry

Biggest tool here^
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:25:31 PM