Person to Watch in 2012: Myself

lsampson
It’s hard to believe that I have already completed a semester in college. My second semester as a freshman is already beginning. Since I am pretty much settled in with my entire freshman jitters, I have really begun to move at a completely different pace.
I have decided to push myself to finish my undergraduate degree by 2014, so that I can graduate a year early. I will be able to do this is I take the maximum amount of credits during my fall and spring semesters, and then stay at UT for the summer to take an addition 12 credits. I would like to push myself to finish earlier and complete more credit hours so that I have the ability to use a semester to study abroad and take a semester off to intern at Disney.
If I finish my undergraduate early I will be able to jump right into my graduate courses. My goal is to have my PhD in communication before I am 30 years old. For me to be able to do this I have to stay focused on my goal but also continue enjoying everyday I spend in college.
Another reason why I have to try and finish early is because during winter break, I applied for a $100,000 fellowship grant. With this grant I will be starting my own non- profit organization called “A Place Too Go.” this organization’s main goal is to provide a place for children in local communities to go afterschool and during the summer.
In order for me to give 100% to my organization, I have to work extremely hard to graduate early. I love the idea that I can complete my college education before I am thirty years old, so that I have the time ability to spend a great deal of time helping others and having a successful career at such a young age. I would like to say that I truly believe that I am a person to watch in 2012, since there are endless possibilities I can accomplish.