Person to Watch in 2012: Presidential Candidate Ron Paul

albert.lopez
The person to watch for in 2012 is Presidential Candidate, Ron Paul because he is the proper solution for the troubles that plague America today. Every other candidate either stands for personal gain or to act in such a manner to discredit the presidential office. A strong leader is now needed now more than at any other time in our history to restore at any other point in our history as a nation. The very freedom as laid out in the constitution is at stake with such threats (at the time of writing this) as the NPAA, SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA. An economy that has seen no positive growth since the housing bubble burst in 2008. A nation divided into class as demonstrated by the Occupy Wall Street movement, a Congress that has corporate interest and financial benefit at heart instead of the will of the people. This nation needs a leader who is focused on and able to address these issues: a man who is proven his leadership ability in both in Vietnam and in Congress, and that man is Ron Paul.
Currently, SOPA and PIPA are making their rounds through congress and gathering a great deal of support. The bills themselves are not the problem, we do need to regulate the illegal download of copyrighted material, it’s the idea that we have elected officials supporting bills that would hinder our very constitution and hand over our first amendment on a silver platter to Corporations and completely destroy the internet as we know it and halt the exponential growth of all supporting technology, which would effectively remove one of the most powerful tools for knowledge and advancement that the human race has ever conceived. As well as the untold damage to jobs that are directly and indirectly related to the internet in its current state. The NPAA is another act that was signed into office by President Obama that allows indefinite detention of American citizens without the right to a trail. These hindrances of freedom by our government must be stopped if our nation is to be preserved and Ron Paul has already introduced legislation that would repeal the NPAA and he has already stated he is completely against any act that would remove or hinder the freedoms of the people.
Ron Paul can also directly influence our nation not just through preserving the constitution but restoring the arena of politics which he has vast experience in. In 1988 and in 2002 he made very apt predictions as to the future of our nation, our economy, and many other issues; all of which have come true. People on both sides consider him a threat because he’s not motivated by party politics but his intentions lie strictly with the betterment of the nation. He has taken to this race like a shark, directly addressing the issues that have our nation in a death grip and has put fear into the hearts of corrupt politicians on Capitol Hill. His views on income tax, the Federal Reserve, student loans may be controversial but he is the only candidate that served when his nation asked and is the only one to work his way up to success from nothing. He understands the people from all walks of life and is adamant about defending the people of the nation he is running to serve.
In closing this paper should serve not as a definitive work but to give simply a taste of the problems we face and to implore the reader to do his or her own research. Too hopefully spur up questions and act as a catalyst for further research into the issues at hand because whatever does happen in 2012 it will have an effect on everyone.