Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

Happiness was in front of me but I didn’t see it. There are many things that can provide us with happiness but it’s difficult to know what they are exactly, at times it’s hard to see happiness when it’s in front of us. My mother always told me, “If you go outside, you’ll see so many ways that you will go some day. You have to see which way is better for you.” I had two paths, happiness and sadness. I didn’t know which way to go because it was too difficult to choose between my mother and father

Before my brother Eric was hit with depression, he was a 10th grader with a high GPA and overflowing confidence about the future. Gradually I saw his signature smile fading away and being replaced by reticence and resentment. Along with his nose-diving grades was his alienation from his friends and his hostility toward me. Within months he turned from a caring elder brother to a cold stranger. He built a wall around him that completely separated the two of us.

Things got worse when

Keep eye contact. Listen. Sip. Laugh. Speak. Do a couple hand gestures. Laugh some more. Sip. Nod and continue this process for no less than 2 hours, usually 4, at most the whole day. What am I talking about? Balkan coffee, more specifically, Croatian coffee.

When starting my student exchange 10 months ago to Croatia, I quickly learned a key factor to the Croatian way of life: Coffee. My eyebrows shot up in surprise while my mouth caught several gnats when my host sister told me coff

The Secret to Happiness; Unknown
Audrey Hensley
Caverna High School
Cave City, KY

Happiness is something that almost all individuals in our world strive for. Happiness is not measurable, profitable, or tradeable. Happiness is simply intangible. What makes us happy can greatly vary. Some find happiness out of physical objects, some out of concepts. To be happy is a fleeting idea which we enjoy so much and often want to experience again as soon as possible. The sec

Six months ago, if you asked me what is the secret of happiness, I would say money. Money bought me everything in order for me to be happy. What happened 6 months ago that changed me?

I live in the Beverly Hills of Manitoba. Since I am the only child, my dad tends to spoil me. Every year I get expensive gifts. This year on my birthday, I sat impatiently on my bed waiting for my dad to walk in through the door any minute with a present in his hands. The door knob turned an

Every day, people search for ways to become happy. Some people turn to shopping, spend all their money on clothes that should make them happy, but wake up instead to find the sinking feeling that being broke leaves behind. Other people, attempting to strike it rich, turn to work.They bury their heads in piles of papers, trying to earn extra money, but all they receive is seclusion. After years of work, workaholics find themselves rich and friendless, as they discover that they have lost all

“Dad, are we getting the bunny today?” I whined as I climbed into the car. My dad chuckled and fastened my seat belt.
“Maybe, but we have to run some errands.” I groaned and wiggled in my chair. It had been about 3 weeks since my father told me I would be getting a rabbit of my own to take care of. I had been patiently – okay, not very patiently – waiting for the day I got to get my bunny.
I would drag my feet through the stores and sometimes lose my dad because my mind was on my bu

Everyday I wonder if I am suppose to be in this group of 'friends' that I hang with. I am almost opposite to them.

I like playing games, they don't. I hate selfies, they do. They like watching makeup tutorials and doing make up, I watch gamers and hate makeup.

I try and find people who are like me but no one in my school likes the same things as me. I am a nobody. People don't know my name. When I sit with my 'friends' they barely talk to me. I'm always there just reading

Yo Soy
By:Arianna Drunnamnio

Me Llamo Arianna. Tengo catorce años. Mi cumpleaños es el siete de Mayo. Mi color favorito es Rosa. Soy de Hartford Ct. Yo soy Baja ,Simpática y Timida. Me gusta las fiestas, el cine y la piscina. Mi clase preferida es el Ingles. En el verano me gusta voy a al parque. Mi mejor amiga es Jane Drunnamanio. Me gusta voy el cine con mi amiga.

So, today I found out in having a baby! this is one of the most amazing days in my entire life, in all my 15 years of life nothing can compare to how full of joy I am. my wonderful partner and I have been patiently waiting for a month for this moment, after I had sexual intercourse with him for the first time, I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, he makes me so happy, I’m so thankful that I am now able to carry his baby for the next eight months’ know that he may leave me