Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

For me, what makes me happy is doing what I love, and though doing what I love isn’t 100% happy all the time, they are still making me happy. A few things I love are, books, movies, tv shows, (collecting those things in print or on DVD,) music, my phone, (because it has websites where I can find really cool things like quotes from books, etc.,) I love writing about things I’m passionate about, and I love talking to people about things I love. Those things all make me happy, and even though ther

Happiness comes easiest to a child.

Most of their desires are simple: an ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles, a sheet of paper and an array of colors to draw with, or even a hug from their parents on a dim day.

But perhaps the reason children are more frequently happier than adults is because they’re young. Their minds are fresh, fragile, easily impressionable, and, most importantly, full of wonder.

A child is happy because they can find wonder in anything:

The word happiness itself describes it's previous value. Happiness is one kind of feeling but rather than a feeling it's a choice to one. Nothing will make one happy until one choose to be happy.

Life is a mixture of acids .The acids include the sorrows, pains, betrayal, broken heart. This acids are so strong that within a few days this acids makes the human soul black stained, leaves scars, make it rusted and it gets damaged. During the diffusion of acid in our soul we remain so bus

I know I am suppose to be ecstatic for the great adventures that will come during my high school years, but something in me just can't feel it. I'm scared all my friends and I will not be so much as friends anymore, but just acquaintances. Does that seem juvenile of me? All I want from high school is to have friends that will be through it with me. Anyways, that's just all high school seems to be to me. I try to read blogs, good ones, where they have good times in high school, but when they get

Maybe it's the environment or perhaps society that restricts your happiness, maybe it's the people that surround you like your parents or friends. It could be the time slipping that limits your satisfaction in life, or just maybe, it's you.

Over the course of my life, I learned that In spite of myriad factors that contribute to affecting the contentedness of an individual, the most significant factor lies in the hands of that very own individual. Me. Though it may be the twen

I wrote this when I was in 7th grade:
“Many Americans have misconceptions on the idea of happiness. They are influenced and driven by what other people think of being happy. This contradicts the idea of being merry, nevertheless, makes it darker. Instead of enjoying their life to fullest, they are constantly worried about “achieving the American dream”. Happiness should be something that comes from everyday activities; something that makes one happy even if he/she does not strive for

Matthew Doyle
(270)-404-2980
102 Wood Avenue, Horse Cave KY (42749)

May 16, 2016
Key to Happiness; Self Love
Imagine if there were a key to happiness; a cheat code to life, capable of bringing great joy to life. Over time, depression has risen within society and its age. Many are forgetting how to love themselves. Happiness, generally, has been fading because of this dilemma. Problems in life will diminish and will be easier to solve when one acts in loving their

What is the solution to happiness? For me, it’s letting go of my bitterness and hatred. Once I let go of my bitterness and am able to forgive what made me angry in the first place, I know that I am truly happy. There is a moment of peace where you realize, So this is what it’s like… and you can rest easy knowing that there’ll be no more bad thoughts or grudges pulling you everywhere.
This entire year of high school, my sophomore year, I have felt the full force of rejection. Walking

Every day, people search for ways to become happy. Some people turn to shopping, spend all their money on clothes that should make them happy, but wake up instead to find the sinking feeling that being broke leaves behind. Other people, attempting to strike it rich, turn to work.They bury their heads in piles of papers, trying to earn extra money, but all they receive is seclusion. After years of work, workaholics find themselves rich and friendless, as they discover that they have lost all

Strolling through the Buckingham Palace grounds, tea and crumpet in hand, the last three weeks began to replay in my head. Before departing on my European excursion, I become fraught with the idea that the trip was too far out of my comfort zone. Worry set in that I would struggle to make friends with the other travelers, it is often difficult for me to make new acquaintances. Looking back at those transformative few weeks, I realized something. Life is about living without borders.