Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Maybe it's the environment or perhaps society that restricts your happiness, maybe it's the people that surround you like your parents or friends. It could be the time slipping that limits your satisfaction in life, or just maybe, it's you.

Over the course of my life, I learned that In spite of myriad factors that contribute to affecting the contentedness of an individual, the most significant factor lies in the hands of that very own individual. Me. Though it may be the twen

It's difficult trying to become a published author as a teen. I'm sure others could vouch for me as well. You have to follow your parents rules and worry about copyright and publishers taking advantage of you.

Six months ago, if you asked me what is the secret of happiness, I would say money. Money bought me everything in order for me to be happy. What happened 6 months ago that changed me?

I live in the Beverly Hills of Manitoba. Since I am the only child, my dad tends to spoil me. Every year I get expensive gifts. This year on my birthday, I sat impatiently on my bed waiting for my dad to walk in through the door any minute with a present in his hands. The door knob turned an

Democritus once said, "Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul." And, "By desiring little, a poor man makes himself rich." I used to think that I could only be happy if I had all the money in the world but as I grew up I learned that there was more to it. Money does not make one happy but rather it makes one stressed. Having to worry about bill and taxes. When I discovered this I realized that you cannot buy happiness. Happiness cannot come from what

Happiness is a strange thing to define. It is means different things to different people. The feeling of happiness is, as defined by Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary, good fortune or as a state of wellbeing and contentment.
Having good fortune isn’t always true happiness. It is inbred in humans to always want more. We always want the newest iPhone, the most expensive car on the market, and we think that if we don’t get it, life isn’t worth living. We all have a wishlist con

Throughout people's lives everyone's goal is to be happy as they live on, many are in search of happiness as happiness is one trait that makes us humans, but what is happiness? Is it money? Traveling? Love? Family? Or puppies? Happiness is defined as a feeling or showing pleasure as well as contentment, while many people view material objects as happiness there are many factors in life that are over looked such as the most important, well to me anyway, is that you're alive and well, by that I m

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. It is founded on our thoughts. It is made up of our thoughts. If one speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows one, like a shadow that never leaves.” (Dhammapada 1-2/ Muller & Maguire,2002.) To a buddhist, the secret to happiness involves getting rid of things that bring suffering. Although i’m not a buddhist, or anywhere near it, I believe this. If you believe that bad will come then it will. Things that make you suffer whethe

I’ve heard everywhere I go that money can buy a person’s happiness, but I’ve proved that theory wrong. Of course, money can buy things that lead to a person being happy. For example, my parents have bought me jewelry, clothes, electronics, and more, and sure, that stuff made me happy for a while, but it never lasted. Sure, I would love my new presents, until they broke or wore out, or I tired of them, or I received something better than what I had before. All of these items I have received

Secret of Happiness: Do what you love
The secret to happiness is doing what you love. How, can you do what love is by doing what you love. If you are working a boring job and that makes you happy then that's fine. No one in the world has the right judge. In my experience doing what I love is either playing sports or spending time with family or even hanging out with friends. As a wise man once said
¨If you are not doing what you love, you're wasting your time.” Billy joel was that w

Second chances are not meant to wasted or it may make you feel like a waste at times.I know i am too young and still have a lot to experience,but my little heart still beats real fast on remembering a long happened incident.Remembering that day comes in flashbacks and echoes the burning flames gushing up along with its child like cries.

I and my friend,Justin, were enjoying the kisses of the sun in the open field when we heard a creepy sound.What we could see from a distance was a ol