Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Go Green

Happiness is a strange thing to define. It is means different things to different people. The feeling of happiness is, as defined by Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary, good fortune or as a state of wellbeing and contentment.
Having good fortune isn’t always true happiness. It is inbred in humans to always want more. We always want the newest iPhone, the most expensive car on the market, and we think that if we don’t get it, life isn’t worth living. We all have a wishlist con

As I touch you,
I feel
contentment,
joy
happiness…
Your soft
like a cloud
fuzzy and warm
You touch my heart, my soul
I feel at peace
I close my eyes
and inhale
you smell sweet
like honey,
like cherries
I listen and I hear you whisper
sweet melodies of romance
Your beauty
I envy
You stand
tall
with confidence
and you sway
in the summer
breeze
with great tranquility

Second chances are not meant to wasted or it may make you feel like a waste at times.I know i am too young and still have a lot to experience,but my little heart still beats real fast on remembering a long happened incident.Remembering that day comes in flashbacks and echoes the burning flames gushing up along with its child like cries.

I and my friend,Justin, were enjoying the kisses of the sun in the open field when we heard a creepy sound.What we could see from a distance was a ol

Anyone can make a different in the world. It doesn't matter who you are, what matter's is your talents and how big your heart is. People who love arts, sports, cooking, singing, gaming, or even just helping other out can make a difference.
Many people make a difference everyday even if they don't see it. Like a boy helping out the younger kids learn how to play soccer or the girl who painted the retirement house for the seniors who love bright colors. By them helping their seniors or you

"On a philosophical level, what needs to be changed in your community, city, state, country or the world."

1. Discrimination
Discrimination needs to change.
I will not happily live in a world where ANY human thinks Donald Trump is an acceptable candidate for president.
Millions of people are discriminated against for various reasons be it their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, wealth etc, and Donald Trump thinks that is acceptable and claims that global warm

Be the change: Community clean-up
By: Jared Reger
In today’s fast paced world many of us can ignore the laws on littering. I live in the country and a lot of the time I am unaffected by people throwing trash on the ground, but when I go into town I feel disappointed in people that don’t see that they are hurting themselves and everything around them by littering. One piece of trash doesn’t seem like it would make much difference but they would be wrong. One piece of plastic could cho

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” -- Gandhi"

Our world today has a whole plethora of problems. It can be hard to see past all of these problems to figure out how to fix them. In fact, I was having a conversation with my mother recently about one of these problems prevalent enough in my home state of Alaska to c

Winning the lottery: Will be a dream come true

If I won the lottery it would be a miracle because I don’t have that much luck on my side. First of all it depends on how much money I would win. I mean obviously it’s going to be a lot of money that I would win. I would probably make this lie about how I won the lottery ticket, I’d probably say that I had a few bucks in my wallet and went to go have some fun and spend it on the ticke

I live in New York City, and let me tell you, people here like to think the best of themselves, just like people anywhere like to think the best of themselves. There’s a psychological term for that, too: situational and dispositional attribution. Together, the two describe how human beings have a tendency to attribute their successes to their dispositional characteristics (perceived character traits) and their failures to situational characteristics (what was going on around them).

O Beautiful for droughts and fires,
For storms and heavy rains,
With tons of carbon dioxide
Emitted on your plains!
America! America!
We impose climate change on thee,
We need to stop and save your grace,
From sea to shining sea!

Liza Naydanova

Azure skies. Multicolored corals. Stunning glaciers. Green fields. Light drizzles. White sands and turquoise waters. Cool springtime weather.

Heavy clouds. Bleached, weakened corals.