Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Ethical Dilemmas

Inside all human hearts is a desire to worship something/someone. Back to the beginning of time humans have been searching for that right thing or someone. In ancient times, most would worship literal statues; these were made by human hands attempting to fill that emptiness in their heart. In present times, worshiping a statue seems foolish; although we are still stuck with that same desire: to worship something bigger than ourselves, something that will love us back unconditionally. Modern soc

One day there was a girl. She was very demanding. Rather than being happy about what she got she demands more, she always followed what her friends had. One day when she went to the school she saw most of her friends got smart phones from their parents on the eve of new year and they all were showing off in front of their classmates, while watching this she got jealous and the next day she nagged before her parents for a smart phone because she was having only one old phone but her parents tol

Everyday I wonder if I am suppose to be in this group of 'friends' that I hang with. I am almost opposite to them.

I like playing games, they don't. I hate selfies, they do. They like watching makeup tutorials and doing make up, I watch gamers and hate makeup.

I try and find people who are like me but no one in my school likes the same things as me. I am a nobody. People don't know my name. When I sit with my 'friends' they barely talk to me. I'm always there just reading

We, human beings, are inquisitive by nature. If there is something out there that has yet to be discovered, we will not only discover it, but become an expert on the matter. Still, there is one mystery that has alluded us for ages, and will for all of eternity; the secret to happiness. Why is it that so many people are willing to spend their entire lives searching for a single well kept secret? Because it is one that we all desire to know, of course. Everyone dreams of being happy, but no

A few years ago, I used to base all of my happiness off of waiting for the right moment. I used to think things like “I’ll be happy when I get one hundred on my math test,” “I’ll be happy when the weekend is finally here,” and “I’ll be happy when my hair grows five inches.” I used to wait until those statements came true to be happy, and even then I wasn’t genuinely happy. I would wait in an awkward, sad stage until my desires came true. I felt like I was trudging along and just going with the

I have had my fair share of needing forgiveness and forgiving but is there a time when you have to ask yourself: Is it worth forgiving? Sometimes somebody will mess up, apologize, and that will be the end of it, but then there are some people who will take your forgiveness for granted and walk all over you because they know you’ll just forgive them. If they just keep hurting you over and over again they aren’t really worth forgiving. I had this friend that would just fight with me for the sak

Happiness is undefinable, yet easy to define. It is just so elusive that it is questionable whether it exists. Can something exist that we cannot define in words? Do we feel feelings? Or do we simply feel?
I say, why yes, of course! Words are only symbols made to represent things and ideas. They cannot possibly symbolize the idea of happiness. It is the most abstract concept swirling inside our consciousness, so to speak. The best I can do is tell you what it is like to experience happine

As we digress further into what has been a century of perpetual convolution, it’s fair to say that, across the board, the human resolve for compassion is eroding. With every new controversy, the bellows of hate, which claim to be in the name of justice, regrettably drown out the calls for peace, empathy and harmony. However, even though some would try and convince us otherwise, it is not our provision of second chances that is putting the world at risk of strife; rather, it is a damaging pencha

No one is perfect. That’s something, I believe, we should accept and appreciate. If everyone were perfect, then what could we strive toward bettering?
All of us have bad days. It’s another part of life: ups and downs. If we didn’t have those downs, then we wouldn’t appreciate the ups. And all of us make mistakes. In making mistakes we learn, grow, and mature. Otherwise, we’d only be stagnant creatures incapable of flexibility, changing, or inventing. People will make mistakes. They will

I believe in second chances. And perhaps I am too optimistic, but everyone makes mistakes and no matter the scale of their faults they should be offered a chance to start anew. Outside of forgiving others, it is also important to give yourself a second chance from time to time.

My freshmen year I took my first AP class, human geography. In the week leading up to the test my school held study sessions. While the program was intended to help students prepare for the exam I found mysel