Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

Matthew Doyle
(270)-404-2980
102 Wood Avenue, Horse Cave KY (42749)

May 16, 2016
Key to Happiness; Self Love
Imagine if there were a key to happiness; a cheat code to life, capable of bringing great joy to life. Over time, depression has risen within society and its age. Many are forgetting how to love themselves. Happiness, generally, has been fading because of this dilemma. Problems in life will diminish and will be easier to solve when one acts in loving their

What is the solution to happiness? For me, it’s letting go of my bitterness and hatred. Once I let go of my bitterness and am able to forgive what made me angry in the first place, I know that I am truly happy. There is a moment of peace where you realize, So this is what it’s like… and you can rest easy knowing that there’ll be no more bad thoughts or grudges pulling you everywhere.
This entire year of high school, my sophomore year, I have felt the full force of rejection. Walking

It is as Robert Morely once said, “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” In this day and age teens everywhere forget to love themselves in their busy, hectic lives. Loving themselves is the first step to loving others. Believe, know when to speak up and not be suppressed by some standard set by society, and don’t be afraid to look in a mirror and love the figure staring back.
It’s seen nowadays that people don’t believe in themselves as much as they used to as

The Secret of Happiness: Band is my Happy Place
Happiness is a common desire for many people, and for me, I tend to be a happy girl. Happiness is an emotion I strive to possess as well as emit. Just like most teenage girls, I have my good and bad days. Whenever I’m having one of those rough days, there’s always one thing I can look back to: music.
I play the alto saxophone and earned the privilege of participating in Iowa’s All-State High School Band the past two years. I cannot re

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift and that’s why it’s called the present.”

One of our biggest problems, and the main reason why we are unable to find true happiness, is because we do not enjoy the treasure that is now. We are busy either missing the past or awaiting the future and do not pay attention to the present.

We don’t realize that by doing the things we do in the present, we are creating both our past and our future and that if we do

The Secret of Happiness: Forgive and Forget
“The first to forgive is the bravest. The first to forget is the happiest.”
My heart is filled with anger and much sadness. It is 80% made of hatred and 20% made of pity for me. It is like a rose with lots of thorns – thorns of annoyance towards someone; however, it has petals – petals of fake smiles and hidden desires.
I do not forgive people easily. When someone makes a mistake, I want them to realize their wrongdoings and how they ma

The secret of happiness for me is becoming involved in community service helping not only my community, but all of the people in it. For example, I shovel my Elders in my community out free of charge in the winter season to make sure that they have a clear path in case of an emergency or to move their vehicles and this brings a smile not just to their face, but my face as well because our Elders are our most important people. They are our foundation of who we are, and the lessons we learn. Volu

Does he like me? Does he not? Does he even have feelings? Are we just friends? These are all of the questions that go through my mind with David. I turn 18 May 22nd 2016. David just turned 20 January 27th 2016. So this is my story with him. David is great he's like six foot brown hair and blue eyes. Legit. I am 5'9 weigh 128 and my hair is currently a gingerish light brown, and of course I have brown eyes. I love David. When I say love I act

I do not know if I've ever been truly happy in my life. I guess I must have been, at least once. I was probably happy when I was a little child. When worries didn't exist and eating dirt was normal. When laughing every day was easy and fights would happen on a daily basis but would be resolved the next day. When you didn't have to think about what would happen tomorrow and now was enough to make you happy. When having a piece of chocolate was like being in heaven (even though that aspect did no

As I sat on my bed on a Friday night, with my dog laying beside me, I anxiously searched through the web for a free writing contest to participate in. After countless, unsuccessful searches I stumbled upon a website called “Stage of Life.” You wouldn’t believe how happy I was to have found a writing contest, that wasn’t going to charge me in order to participate! I immediately began brainstorming on the secret of happiness and came to the conclusion that realization is the secret ingredient to

<<Prev  2 of 100    Next>>