Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Family

Happiness was in front of me but I didn’t see it. There are many things that can provide us with happiness but it’s difficult to know what they are exactly, at times it’s hard to see happiness when it’s in front of us. My mother always told me, “If you go outside, you’ll see so many ways that you will go some day. You have to see which way is better for you.” I had two paths, happiness and sadness. I didn’t know which way to go because it was too difficult to choose between my mother and father

Before my brother Eric was hit with depression, he was a 10th grader with a high GPA and overflowing confidence about the future. Gradually I saw his signature smile fading away and being replaced by reticence and resentment. Along with his nose-diving grades was his alienation from his friends and his hostility toward me. Within months he turned from a caring elder brother to a cold stranger. He built a wall around him that completely separated the two of us.

Things got worse when

As I laid on the dusty mattress in the private hotel I couldn’t get rid of a miserable headache. I looked around me not understanding how anybody could deal with such pain. I knew it wasn’t from stress or fatigue because my family and I were on a vacation in Peru 12,500 feet above the ground. I decided to join my parents on a short hike up a hill to try and rid myself of this feeling. I walked through the dirt trail as the cold, wispy wind cut through my hair effortlessly. Every step I took fel

Let me begin by asking the deep, age-old question often queried about in philosophy classes: what is happiness, exactly?
And let me parry that with my own question. Why does anybody still wonder about this? And let me continue further on with that: Why does anybody care? Because, if you think about it, it is pretty obvious that happiness comes in too many forms for us to count. Happiness is that feeling of pure, clean, utter joy, the stuff that toddlers enjoy on a daily basis and most adu

Maybe it's the environment or perhaps society that restricts your happiness, maybe it's the people that surround you like your parents or friends. It could be the time slipping that limits your satisfaction in life, or just maybe, it's you.

Over the course of my life, I learned that In spite of myriad factors that contribute to affecting the contentedness of an individual, the most significant factor lies in the hands of that very own individual. Me. Though it may be the twen

Six months ago, if you asked me what is the secret of happiness, I would say money. Money bought me everything in order for me to be happy. What happened 6 months ago that changed me?

I live in the Beverly Hills of Manitoba. Since I am the only child, my dad tends to spoil me. Every year I get expensive gifts. This year on my birthday, I sat impatiently on my bed waiting for my dad to walk in through the door any minute with a present in his hands. The door knob turned an

As we listen to music in my tiny speaker and the most natural smile pops in my face or as time slowly goes by when I cannot breathe of laughing so hard. It’s the little moments I spend with my family that have a way of putting a smile on my face and a memory deep within my heart.

As a teenage girl, or more even more general, human, I can’t say I don’t get excited when I am getting new things. Like the week that my current excitement and anticipation was the arrival of my n

I WAS 11 AT THAT TIME.I WAS VERY HAPPY BECAUSE MY MOM WAS PREGNANT.WE STARTED BUYING CLOTHES FOR THE BABY.I EVEN DECIDED THE NAMES.AFTER TWO WEEKS WE GOT THE INFORMATION THAT THERE WILL BE TWINS.IT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE.AFTER 5 MONTHS,MY MOM WAS READY AND WE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL.I STILL CAN REMEMBER HER SHOUTING.AFTER 2 HOURS THE DOCTOR CAME AND TOLD SOMETHING TO MY DAD.THEN ALL OF THEM BECAME QUIET.I ASKED EVERYONE WHY ALL OF YOU ARE QUIET BUT NO ONE ANSWERED.AFTER SOME TIME MY DAD

Yo Soy
By:Arianna Drunnamnio

Me Llamo Arianna. Tengo catorce años. Mi cumpleaños es el siete de Mayo. Mi color favorito es Rosa. Soy de Hartford Ct. Yo soy Baja ,Simpática y Timida. Me gusta las fiestas, el cine y la piscina. Mi clase preferida es el Ingles. En el verano me gusta voy a al parque. Mi mejor amiga es Jane Drunnamanio. Me gusta voy el cine con mi amiga.

Throughout people's lives everyone's goal is to be happy as they live on, many are in search of happiness as happiness is one trait that makes us humans, but what is happiness? Is it money? Traveling? Love? Family? Or puppies? Happiness is defined as a feeling or showing pleasure as well as contentment, while many people view material objects as happiness there are many factors in life that are over looked such as the most important, well to me anyway, is that you're alive and well, by that I m