Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Wellness & Health

I was a child of habit. Every day, I would repeatedly draw the same simple image: a door. They were no masterpieces--shakenly-drawn rectangles in blue ballpoint pen that were always accompanied with a fluorescent, highlighter-yellow doorknob--but I drew approximately fifteen of them daily nevertheless. I was obsessed not with individual doors, but with their progression. I always started with a tiny rectangle and expanded it gradually until the final door fit barely within the 8.5 by 11 inch sh

Before my brother Eric was hit with depression, he was a 10th grader with a high GPA and overflowing confidence about the future. Gradually I saw his signature smile fading away and being replaced by reticence and resentment. Along with his nose-diving grades was his alienation from his friends and his hostility toward me. Within months he turned from a caring elder brother to a cold stranger. He built a wall around him that completely separated the two of us.

Things got worse when

As I laid on the dusty mattress in the private hotel I couldn’t get rid of a miserable headache. I looked around me not understanding how anybody could deal with such pain. I knew it wasn’t from stress or fatigue because my family and I were on a vacation in Peru 12,500 feet above the ground. I decided to join my parents on a short hike up a hill to try and rid myself of this feeling. I walked through the dirt trail as the cold, wispy wind cut through my hair effortlessly. Every step I took fel

For me, what makes me happy is doing what I love, and though doing what I love isn’t 100% happy all the time, they are still making me happy. A few things I love are, books, movies, tv shows, (collecting those things in print or on DVD,) music, my phone, (because it has websites where I can find really cool things like quotes from books, etc.,) I love writing about things I’m passionate about, and I love talking to people about things I love. Those things all make me happy, and even though ther

For a good portion of my life, I have struggled with the most infamous of all illnesses: the stomach bug. After extensive research on this seemingly common, yet annoying sickness, I stumbled across an obscure article hidden in the depths of the Internet. The title read: “Gluten: A Harmless Monster.” Desperate for an answer, and quite tired of searching for one, I had convinced myself beyond a doubt that I had a gluten-allergy by the time I had finished reading the article. Much to my mother’s

Let me begin by asking the deep, age-old question often queried about in philosophy classes: what is happiness, exactly?
And let me parry that with my own question. Why does anybody still wonder about this? And let me continue further on with that: Why does anybody care? Because, if you think about it, it is pretty obvious that happiness comes in too many forms for us to count. Happiness is that feeling of pure, clean, utter joy, the stuff that toddlers enjoy on a daily basis and most adu

Happiness is simply a word but it has different meanings in different situations.
When you do well in exams you feel happy. Having a joint family with a tight bond of trust and respect is a happiness. Sleeping in the middle of your mom and dad is happiness. Being your dad's princess is a happiness. Meeting someone after a long time is a happiness. Having Ice Cream, Chocolates and Cupcakes is an ultimate bliss.
So basically happiness has no definition of its own. It can come to you any

Maybe it's the environment or perhaps society that restricts your happiness, maybe it's the people that surround you like your parents or friends. It could be the time slipping that limits your satisfaction in life, or just maybe, it's you.

Over the course of my life, I learned that In spite of myriad factors that contribute to affecting the contentedness of an individual, the most significant factor lies in the hands of that very own individual. Me. Though it may be the twen

I wrote this when I was in 7th grade:
“Many Americans have misconceptions on the idea of happiness. They are influenced and driven by what other people think of being happy. This contradicts the idea of being merry, nevertheless, makes it darker. Instead of enjoying their life to fullest, they are constantly worried about “achieving the American dream”. Happiness should be something that comes from everyday activities; something that makes one happy even if he/she does not strive for

The Secret to Happiness; Unknown
Audrey Hensley
Caverna High School
Cave City, KY

Happiness is something that almost all individuals in our world strive for. Happiness is not measurable, profitable, or tradeable. Happiness is simply intangible. What makes us happy can greatly vary. Some find happiness out of physical objects, some out of concepts. To be happy is a fleeting idea which we enjoy so much and often want to experience again as soon as possible. The sec