Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Travel

As I laid on the dusty mattress in the private hotel I couldn’t get rid of a miserable headache. I looked around me not understanding how anybody could deal with such pain. I knew it wasn’t from stress or fatigue because my family and I were on a vacation in Peru 12,500 feet above the ground. I decided to join my parents on a short hike up a hill to try and rid myself of this feeling. I walked through the dirt trail as the cold, wispy wind cut through my hair effortlessly. Every step I took fel

Keep eye contact. Listen. Sip. Laugh. Speak. Do a couple hand gestures. Laugh some more. Sip. Nod and continue this process for no less than 2 hours, usually 4, at most the whole day. What am I talking about? Balkan coffee, more specifically, Croatian coffee.

When starting my student exchange 10 months ago to Croatia, I quickly learned a key factor to the Croatian way of life: Coffee. My eyebrows shot up in surprise while my mouth caught several gnats when my host sister told me coff

Strolling through the Buckingham Palace grounds, tea and crumpet in hand, the last three weeks began to replay in my head. Before departing on my European excursion, I become fraught with the idea that the trip was too far out of my comfort zone. Worry set in that I would struggle to make friends with the other travelers, it is often difficult for me to make new acquaintances. Looking back at those transformative few weeks, I realized something. Life is about living without borders.

Throughout people's lives everyone's goal is to be happy as they live on, many are in search of happiness as happiness is one trait that makes us humans, but what is happiness? Is it money? Traveling? Love? Family? Or puppies? Happiness is defined as a feeling or showing pleasure as well as contentment, while many people view material objects as happiness there are many factors in life that are over looked such as the most important, well to me anyway, is that you're alive and well, by that I m

Sleepaway camp is an indescribable place. It is an experience i am beyond grateful I have got to experience the past 7 years of my life. It all started when I was nine years old. My first summer of camp. My parents drove me to where the the coach buses come and pick all the Long Island kids up to go to camp. I was beyond excited. Although I knew I would have the best summer of my life I never knew it would impact me as much as it did to this day. Camp is an experience one just cannot expl

I find myself to be happy when good things happen to me in my life. However, I feel that when I am most happy is when I am gone and away from home. I love to travel to different places and see new things. I feel it enhances my life. One place I love to go is to the city of Chicago, which I am lucky enough to visit a few times a year. I also go to Florida at least once a year, and then my family usually visits a couple of other vacation spots each year. Every time I am out of town I feel like

The secret to happiness is to get away from all your stress for a little amount of time. I am happiest when I am with my family or close friends. I like to either play board games, go to the mall, or go out to dinner with them. These activities help me not think about all the projects I have due for a little while and makes me happy.
Last summer, my dad did something very spontaneous. He booked a trip to Disney World for the next week. He thought it was well needed since he was going thr

Everyone should get a second chance when they need a second chance. For example, students in school should get a second chance to do what they have failed, such as a test. We need to ask the teacher if we have a second opportunity to take the test. Another example is, couples need second chances because all couples have problems in their relationships. Also, all families have problems, and kids and parents need second chances too.

All have the need to have a second chance,

Second chances are not meant to wasted or it may make you feel like a waste at times.I know i am too young and still have a lot to experience,but my little heart still beats real fast on remembering a long happened incident.Remembering that day comes in flashbacks and echoes the burning flames gushing up along with its child like cries.

I and my friend,Justin, were enjoying the kisses of the sun in the open field when we heard a creepy sound.What we could see from a distance was a ol

I have lived in five countries and three continents and in all of those places, there were people engaging in the lottery. The dream of winning the big prize is in each one’s heart, but it only becomes true for very few. If I won the lottery, I would only keep a little of the money for myself and donate most of it.
This is due to the fact that I think money cannot buy happiness. The Bible verse, Proverbs 17:1, completely supports my opinion: “Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a