Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

The Secret of Happiness: Obeying God’s Commandment
The secret of happiness is obeying God’s commandment but I like to first give an insight to what may determine the happiness of people.
Happiness is a state of being happy and it is mostly triggered by an experience. Happiness cannot only be derived from things we can see. Happiness can also be as a result of things that we can imagine, for example, merely thinking about being in the best places of the world brings happi

Keep eye contact. Listen. Sip. Laugh. Speak. Do a couple hand gestures. Laugh some more. Sip. Nod and continue this process for no less than 2 hours, usually 4, at most the whole day. What am I talking about? Balkan coffee, more specifically, Croatian coffee.

When starting my student exchange 10 months ago to Croatia, I quickly learned a key factor to the Croatian way of life: Coffee. My eyebrows shot up in surprise while my mouth caught several gnats when my host sister told me coff

Inside all human hearts is a desire to worship something/someone. Back to the beginning of time humans have been searching for that right thing or someone. In ancient times, most would worship literal statues; these were made by human hands attempting to fill that emptiness in their heart. In present times, worshiping a statue seems foolish; although we are still stuck with that same desire: to worship something bigger than ourselves, something that will love us back unconditionally. Modern soc

Maybe it's the environment or perhaps society that restricts your happiness, maybe it's the people that surround you like your parents or friends. It could be the time slipping that limits your satisfaction in life, or just maybe, it's you.

Over the course of my life, I learned that In spite of myriad factors that contribute to affecting the contentedness of an individual, the most significant factor lies in the hands of that very own individual. Me. Though it may be the twen

It's difficult trying to become a published author as a teen. I'm sure others could vouch for me as well. You have to follow your parents rules and worry about copyright and publishers taking advantage of you.

What is the solution to happiness? For me, it’s letting go of my bitterness and hatred. Once I let go of my bitterness and am able to forgive what made me angry in the first place, I know that I am truly happy. There is a moment of peace where you realize, So this is what it’s like… and you can rest easy knowing that there’ll be no more bad thoughts or grudges pulling you everywhere.
This entire year of high school, my sophomore year, I have felt the full force of rejection. Walking

It is as Robert Morely once said, “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” In this day and age teens everywhere forget to love themselves in their busy, hectic lives. Loving themselves is the first step to loving others. Believe, know when to speak up and not be suppressed by some standard set by society, and don’t be afraid to look in a mirror and love the figure staring back.
It’s seen nowadays that people don’t believe in themselves as much as they used to as

Happiness is a strange thing to define. It is means different things to different people. The feeling of happiness is, as defined by Merriam-Webster’s collegiate dictionary, good fortune or as a state of wellbeing and contentment.
Having good fortune isn’t always true happiness. It is inbred in humans to always want more. We always want the newest iPhone, the most expensive car on the market, and we think that if we don’t get it, life isn’t worth living. We all have a wishlist con

As I sat on my bed on a Friday night, with my dog laying beside me, I anxiously searched through the web for a free writing contest to participate in. After countless, unsuccessful searches I stumbled upon a website called “Stage of Life.” You wouldn’t believe how happy I was to have found a writing contest, that wasn’t going to charge me in order to participate! I immediately began brainstorming on the secret of happiness and came to the conclusion that realization is the secret ingredient to

Life is a long spent time. Throughout that time, the people who have the opportunity to live life, all desire this emotion or feeling if you will. That is happiness. Some people think it’s being famous, or having a lot of money. For many, that may be the solution, but for me it’s about being grateful for what I have. People tend to look at things they don’t have and disregard the things they have in life. The secret of happiness is to be thankful for the people and things you have