Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: Special Needs

For a good portion of my life, I have struggled with the most infamous of all illnesses: the stomach bug. After extensive research on this seemingly common, yet annoying sickness, I stumbled across an obscure article hidden in the depths of the Internet. The title read: “Gluten: A Harmless Monster.” Desperate for an answer, and quite tired of searching for one, I had convinced myself beyond a doubt that I had a gluten-allergy by the time I had finished reading the article. Much to my mother’s

Six months ago, if you asked me what is the secret of happiness, I would say money. Money bought me everything in order for me to be happy. What happened 6 months ago that changed me?

I live in the Beverly Hills of Manitoba. Since I am the only child, my dad tends to spoil me. Every year I get expensive gifts. This year on my birthday, I sat impatiently on my bed waiting for my dad to walk in through the door any minute with a present in his hands. The door knob turned an

THE SECRET OF HAPPINESS – LIVING A STEP AT A TIME
“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness” – Charles Spurgeon
Various people have many theorems regarding the secret of happiness. All of these preach different messages. I personally believe the secret of happiness is a personal thing. I don’t believe it lies in things like; going to the beach, or surfing or some activity. I believe it is a personal thing from deep within involving the mind-set. Someone o

Secret of Happiness: Do what you love
The secret to happiness is doing what you love. How, can you do what love is by doing what you love. If you are working a boring job and that makes you happy then that's fine. No one in the world has the right judge. In my experience doing what I love is either playing sports or spending time with family or even hanging out with friends. As a wise man once said
¨If you are not doing what you love, you're wasting your time.” Billy joel was that w

Teen obesity is very common in the U.S. The rate of teen obesity has increased since 2008, adults and teens have to come together to help our teens eat healthy and stay fit. Jessica was chubby her whole life, she never realized she was overweight until she went to a doctor appointment when she was 15. The doctor told her that her BMI was not right, automatically Jessica felt bad. Jessica mom accepted her for who she was no matter if she was overweight or not. But Jessica mom d

Have you ever felt like you really don't belong in a place ? adapting to new surroundings and new people ? migrating to Canada was exciting at first ,for a person who is optimistic i would say but little did i know , it was another life of terror .Moving here in Canada was pretty much awesome but as a black child its no secret that children from Africa are not really accepted .Its been three months since i moved here .This is just a summary of how it has been .
'Empty spaces , stupid pag

Second Chances: Regrets and Recovery
By- Abby D’Amico
I really wish I was able to understand decisions. If only I knew why the little voices in my head told me to do the things I’ve done. As young children we all make mistakes, some worse than others but I’ve realized I’ve found myself getting worse as I grow older. It may be teenage rebellion or just me trying to find myself, but some of these decisions are causing damage that I may not

My eyes were closed driving to the hospital, half because they hurt and half because I was holding back tears. I was on my way to surgery. It was my twelfth, but only the second that I remember clearly. I had ten eye surgeries before I turned six, and another one four months before. I told myself I was ready, that this was the answer, and that I was strong enough. But honestly, I wasn’t sure.
I was born blind, but after numerous surgeries and immense effort from my parents, my si

He was my best friend.
For the most part, he was just fun. Sarcastic, cracking jokes, teasing. Every once in a while he'd say, "I'm crazy." But hey. We all did.
But he wasn't joking.
Then one day, something I said blew up. It was a little thing, but to him it was huge. Because his mind wasn't like ours. His was different. No one really knew. If he wrestled a little hard as a kid, they brushed it off as him being a boy. If he was a little surly some days, they said he was just

Second chances are not meant to wasted or it may make you feel like a waste at times.I know i am too young and still have a lot to experience,but my little heart still beats real fast on remembering a long happened incident.Remembering that day comes in flashbacks and echoes the burning flames gushing up along with its child like cries.

I and my friend,Justin, were enjoying the kisses of the sun in the open field when we heard a creepy sound.What we could see from a distance was a ol