Questions and Stories about Teens

Read High School Blog Posts

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comListed below is the compilation of all of the questions and stories that teens have shared to help make the world a better place.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for high school students. Topics of these teen essays range from education, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between. You'll even find heart-felt poems. 

Do you have a high school story or experience to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read High School Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

Life is complicated. There are wars, conflicts, misfortune and all the other negative things that make up the world. In my view, the secret to happiness is what I deduce as ‘seeing in the dark.’ Think of life as a recipe. In this recipe, there would be two main ingredients. Good things and bad things.

The secret to happiness is being able to see through the bad things. Life isn’t simple – it’s not possible for someone to be happy all their life. There are obstacles of pain that a hu

The secret to happiness is being who you want to be. You won't have a happy life if you are being someone else so you can be liked by other people. You are made to be yourself not pretend to someone else who you really aren't. People will like you for who you really are. Everyone is different we are all meant to be different it won't be fun if we all were the same.
There are so many secrets to happiness we all have differents secrets to happines. There always someone different or somethin

When I was ten, pretty was all I wanted to be, like one of those Vogue stars- tall, skinny and flawless, undeniably. When I was thirteen, I hated mirrors for it was a shame, what I grew up to be. As time passed by, I realized, the judgments weren't worth it, the stereotypes weren't worth it, I was.

In a world so huge, so vast, so wonderful as this, why is it that we forget to live, to laugh? Why is it that we try so hard despite knowing that we're all beautiful in the most unique and

For a good portion of my life, I have struggled with the most infamous of all illnesses: the stomach bug. After extensive research on this seemingly common, yet annoying sickness, I stumbled across an obscure article hidden in the depths of the Internet. The title read: “Gluten: A Harmless Monster.” Desperate for an answer, and quite tired of searching for one, I had convinced myself beyond a doubt that I had a gluten-allergy by the time I had finished reading the article. Much to my mother’s

The secret to happiness is you. Don’t roll your eyes, it’s true. Just as you control what you eat or what you wear, you control your feelings too. In other words, don’t be the “half-empty” person or the George R. R. Martin who kills all their characters. By being the person who sees everything as tragedy, are you even providing yourself with a positive option? Instead, be the one who is half-full, the John Green, if you will. One who can make you cry, yet more often, make you laugh, out loud. O

Keep eye contact. Listen. Sip. Laugh. Speak. Do a couple hand gestures. Laugh some more. Sip. Nod and continue this process for no less than 2 hours, usually 4, at most the whole day. What am I talking about? Balkan coffee, more specifically, Croatian coffee.

When starting my student exchange 10 months ago to Croatia, I quickly learned a key factor to the Croatian way of life: Coffee. My eyebrows shot up in surprise while my mouth caught several gnats when my host sister told me coff

Let me begin by asking the deep, age-old question often queried about in philosophy classes: what is happiness, exactly?
And let me parry that with my own question. Why does anybody still wonder about this? And let me continue further on with that: Why does anybody care? Because, if you think about it, it is pretty obvious that happiness comes in too many forms for us to count. Happiness is that feeling of pure, clean, utter joy, the stuff that toddlers enjoy on a daily basis and most adu

It was a bad day.
The screeching alarm clock shocked me from my sleep.
Still drowsy from staying up the night before, I threw the alarm clock across
the room. 
With mom yelling from downstairs, I cursed under my breath and dragged
myself out from the warm covers.
Like any other day, I woke up and readied myself.
As I slipped into a plain white t-shirt and a pair of jeans, I slammed
my foot against the bedroom closet.
I sank back in pain, but held bac

The word happiness itself describes it's previous value. Happiness is one kind of feeling but rather than a feeling it's a choice to one. Nothing will make one happy until one choose to be happy.

Life is a mixture of acids .The acids include the sorrows, pains, betrayal, broken heart. This acids are so strong that within a few days this acids makes the human soul black stained, leaves scars, make it rusted and it gets damaged. During the diffusion of acid in our soul we remain so bus

The secret to happiness is to find family. Family doesn't mean your relatives, and it isn't determined by genes, DNA, or any high school biology term. Blood and genetics determine your relatives, family is determined by love. As cheesy as it may sound, it’s the truth.

There is no correct answer to the question "what's the opposite of happiness?" However, I believe the opposite is loneliness. Some may say the opposite is sadness, anger, or negativity. Even though these things are defi