Anybody Can be a Hero

books33
What exactly defines a hero? Is it characterized by a person's charity work or actions during a time of crisis? Or is it just an extraordinary act committed by an ordinary person?
I suppose heroes can be found anywhere, from the covers of national magazines to the neighbors next door. They can be found starring in Hollywood movies or waiting at bus stops; they can be found writing bestsellers or teaching at local colleges. Anyone can be a hero: however, only a very rare few actually use their time and resources to give out of their hearts to others in need.
My hero cannot be found at the movie theater or on the television: you won't see him accepting the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award in front of millions. The biggest audience he has is just me and my family. Thankfully, though, he puts on a five star production for us every day. My Dad is the one who gives us these rousing Best Actor performances; he is the one who inspires me. His hard work and devotion to my Mom and siblings are beautiful miracles that happen in front of my eyes 24 hours a day. Without him, my heart would lie in a pit of despair and sorrow, for I would know that his kindness and caring would not be felt by anyone anymore. For you, Dad, all of the money in the world couldn't stop me from being with you.
A hero can be anybody. My hero is my Dad. Who's yours?