My heroes are lifeguards

awesomenava
Everyday we see superheroes in the media. They fight crime and end up saving the world. The thing is these superheroes have superpowers to help them. In real life, no one can fly or can shoot lasers out of their eyes. When they save someone, they're on their own. My heroes are the lifeguards I see at the pool.
Stereotypically lifeguards are people who hang out in the sun and blow their whistles all day. They are known to run on the beach incredibly slow. Their job isn't that easy or simple. Lifeguards always have to stay alert. Whether they are watching the beach with thousands of people, or the kiddie pool. When trouble strikes they can't panic.
Lifeguards have to be sharp and keep calm when things go awry. While it may not seem like it, about a thousand things can go wrong at the pool. It's not always about the kid drowning. A shooter could come in, someone could have a heart attack or there might be a choking person. Lifeguards have to be prepared in any situation.
Along with being able, lifeguards have to be physically and mentally fit. They have to keep their bodies in the best shape possible. Not only do they have to be able to swim quickly, they also have to able to save another person. Swimming with that extra weight is difficult, especially if the victim is heavier then them.
Being a lifeguard is no easy job, but its a rewarding experience. Without any special talents they save people's lives everyday. They also help people in need and know what to do. Lifeguards are everyday superheroes.