STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Summer Reinvention: My plans are to become an all-rounder this summer and excel in everything.

Kanika Garg
“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence”, keeping this in mind, these summers I’ve transformed my plans from doing the usual activities to work towards being an all-rounder. This means that in these holidays I’m working according to a time-table which assures a little time to all works so that I may learn all kinds of activities including cleaning, washing, cooking, singing, dancing, painting and of course, studying. This year I need to appear for my board examinations for class 10th, so I can’t surely forget to give some extra time to my course books. But apart from that, I strongly have an urge to put my best foot forward in all other activities too, especially in cooking, for I am highly inspired by my mother. I feel that this idea won’t only benefit me but my parents too. As we are growing up, now our parents also expect some kind of help from us, so after learning these activities, we can support our parents to a great extent, thereby making them happy, and satisfied too. The desire to excel in all activities lies in my mind right from the beginning of this session and this is the high time to work upon it. Recently I was talking to my friend about how my mother wakes me up in the evening to make tea. She was completely stunned, and then she further added, “Do you make tea?” This surprised me, what I felt was what the big deal in making tea is? I could not help asking why she was surprised and the answer I got back was “I and my elder sister are not even allowed to enter the kitchen and I don’t know what my parents will do to me if I do so”. “They believe that girls are not meant for the households, they need to overcome boys, and this is today’s era. I don’t even know how to make tea or even cook noodles”, she added. I went into deep thoughts after her statements. Yeah, I agree that today girls are no lesser than boys and also they are not just meant for the households but that also doesn’t mean that a girl should not know anything! What I’ve always been told is that the highest quality of a girl is how she manages her education, households and family at the same time and this is the most important reason for me to want to learn everything, knowing every art. This idea doesn’t only make me learn something new or have new experiences but also I find it to be fun and I can say, the word “bored” just disappeared from my dictionary. I am just giving my best and sure to have the best results some day. I’d like to end up by writing “Always do your best. What you plant now, you’ll harvest later.”
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy