Summer Reinvention: My plans are to become an all-rounder this summer and excel in everything.

Kanika Garg
“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence”, keeping this in mind, these summers I’ve transformed my plans from doing the usual activities to work towards being an all-rounder. This means that in these holidays I’m working according to a time-table which assures a little time to all works so that I may learn all kinds of activities including cleaning, washing, cooking, singing, dancing, painting and of course, studying. This year I need to appear for my board examinations for class 10th, so I can’t surely forget to give some extra time to my course books. But apart from that, I strongly have an urge to put my best foot forward in all other activities too, especially in cooking, for I am highly inspired by my mother. I feel that this idea won’t only benefit me but my parents too. As we are growing up, now our parents also expect some kind of help from us, so after learning these activities, we can support our parents to a great extent, thereby making them happy, and satisfied too. The desire to excel in all activities lies in my mind right from the beginning of this session and this is the high time to work upon it. Recently I was talking to my friend about how my mother wakes me up in the evening to make tea. She was completely stunned, and then she further added, “Do you make tea?” This surprised me, what I felt was what the big deal in making tea is? I could not help asking why she was surprised and the answer I got back was “I and my elder sister are not even allowed to enter the kitchen and I don’t know what my parents will do to me if I do so”. “They believe that girls are not meant for the households, they need to overcome boys, and this is today’s era. I don’t even know how to make tea or even cook noodles”, she added. I went into deep thoughts after her statements. Yeah, I agree that today girls are no lesser than boys and also they are not just meant for the households but that also doesn’t mean that a girl should not know anything! What I’ve always been told is that the highest quality of a girl is how she manages her education, households and family at the same time and this is the most important reason for me to want to learn everything, knowing every art. This idea doesn’t only make me learn something new or have new experiences but also I find it to be fun and I can say, the word “bored” just disappeared from my dictionary. I am just giving my best and sure to have the best results some day. I’d like to end up by writing “Always do your best. What you plant now, you’ll harvest later.”