In the News: The Debate on Gay Marriage Heats Up

awagner
Why do people oppose gay marriage? It could be because their religion doesn't agree or they are just scared of change. I think that people should be open minded about this as they are with most ideas. If two people are happy, they should be left alone and not bashed on.
I have an uncle who is gay. I've only met him and his boyfriend once. They seemed like any other couple, if not happier. I didn't see any difference between them and a "normal" couple. Yes, it is hard to get used to at first, but after awhile it's just the same as anyone else. We shouldn't hate on them just because it's not the usual man and woman couple.
This applies with letting gays adopt also. Why should a man and woman couple be able to, but a gay couple be seen as unfit? Not to be biased, but sometimes gays are better parents. They should be treated as equals and not like aliens because they are different.
Having gays get married won't affect your life, so why try and ruin theirs by telling them they can't be married. We could change this by slowly trying to appeal to congress. One by one we could get the majority of the United States to legalize gay marriage. We can do it in a peaceful way without any violence.