In The News: Do you feel everyone should be happy? Well, not supporting gay marriage says otherwise.

LaurenBush
There are many reasons gay marriages should be allowed such as: Gay marriage will make it easier for same-sex couples to adopt children.In the US, there are thousands children are waiting to be adopted and live in good homes. Meaning more children with loving families and people that really want them.A study published in Pediatrics on June 7, 2010 found that children of lesbian mothers were rated higher than children of heterosexual parents in social and academics and that they had fewer social problems. Having ewer problems sounds good to me !Same-sex marriage is also a civil right. The 1967 Supreme Court case Loving v. Virginia confirmed that marriage is "one of the basic civil rights of man," and same-sex marriages should receive the same protections given to interracial marriages by that ruling. The NAACP, on May 19, 2012, named same-sex marriage as "one of the key civil rights struggles of our time.Massachusetts, the first state to legalize gay marriage on May 17, 2004, had the lowest divorce rate in the country in 2008. Its divorce rate declined 21% between 2003 and 2008. Now, Alaska, the first state to alter its constitution to prohibit gay marriage in 1998, saw a 17.2% increase in its divorce rate. The seven states with the highest divorce rates between 2003 and 2008 all had constitutional prohibitions to gay marriage.But,in recent polls about 70 percent of voters under the age of 30 support same-sex marriage. Now , all we need is the other 30%. Atleast, the polls are over half. If over half the world feels that it is the right thing to do something must be right!I feel that some people disagree with gay marriage because they think it may deny a child from either a father or a mother. But , to put a end to that , there are many single parents out in the world. Not everyone has both parents in their life. Second, Some people may feel its a sin but, not everyone has the same religion as you. Do not assume that everyone is Christian and believes in God, that's not true!Lastly, some people find gay marriage not acceptable or right in their minds. In our world there is so many things that are not right, it most likely over powers the good. In the 21st Century there are kids having kids , extreme drug use , killings of one another and you would rather walk out your front door and see that mess then see two same-sex married couples happy. Honestly, do you feel that gay marriage hurts anyone ? NO. But denying gay marriage hurts thousands of people and millions of peoples hearts. Let's help everyone be heard!