In the News: Bombings at the Boston Marathon

newguy123
In the News: Bombings at the Boston Marathon. On April 15th, 2013 two bombs went off at the Boston Marathon, killing three and injuring 264. This alarms me not only because of the tragic event, but because the two suspects were young adults! Everyone should know about this but especially young people because nobody should do anything even close to this; and especially not teens.
I think this is almost as tragic as 9/11 because of the results and because the suspects were so young. The fact that anyone would think of doing such a horrible thing is scary. However, two young men actually carrying the plan out and killing and injuring so many people at such a fun event on Boston's Patriot Day, that is too horrifying for words.
Young people should care about this as much as I do because the two suspects are very young people! Not only that, but what actually happened is very severe and should not be taken lightly! Statistics show that from the 1960's up until 2000, crime rates have been going up, and are now slowly going down, and we want to keep that going down. Sudden outbursts like this can inspire people to commit more crimes and more violent ones. Young people should be aware of this so they can realize that not only this but all crimes are completely and totally unacceptable!
Everybody can and should help to make a difference for this cause. There are online sites where you can donate money to certain charities and organizations that help in any way with this. Plus, there are people that you can personally send the money to or hand deliver if you do not trust those sites. Even if you have no money to donate, you can still offer to help with something. Even the smallest amount of time doing the simplest of tasks can make a big difference. Even if you live on the other side of the country, you can still do something about it. Find something you are good at, and do it to entertain people to raise money. No matter what you do, no matter how big or small, everything makes a huge difference.