In the News: Immigrants

rkm_ginger
Every day more and more immigrants, legal and otherwise, pour into the United States of America. The immigrants are from places such as Asia, Central America, South America, Europe, the Caribbean and Canada, but most are from our Southern border of Mexico. Even though some people come to America legally, many cross the United States borders and are classified as undocumented and illegal immigrants.
America’s governmental system helps provide for those in need, and often these illegal immigrants are feeding off of our resources. Americans are often “paying” for their education, the education of their children, and medical expenses. Undocumented immigrants are not contributing anything. American tax dollars are not getting replenished because illegal immigrants are not paying taxes, not getting health insurance, and they are not contributing financially for benefits received, causing United States citizens to end up paying even more. My uncle practices medicine in South Florida. Many immigrants seek medical treatment in the facility where he works. American laws prevent these patients from being turned away even if there is no health insurance coverage. The financial loss experienced by the medical industry is ultimately compensated by the tax payers of this country.
Along with these excessive tax burdens, Americans are losing jobs to immigrants. Often employers hire foreign immigrants in place of natural citizens of this country. My mother hires employees for a food service organization. Many applicants are illegal immigrants that have experience working in the United States. Small businesses may not have the procedures in place to prevent the hiring of undocumented workers. Illegal workers are getting jobs intended for American families; therefore, many families are unable to find work and support themselves. Resources for poverty stricken Americans are limited, due to use by immigrants. Due to more people receiving than giving, the U.S. economy will continue to plummet.
In order to prevent this great country from greater financial distress, America should become more conscious and aware of who is coming into this country and receiving benefits. We should make sure only legal, documented immigrants and United States citizens should be allowed to use the resources provided by the American government. These basic principles could help guarantee the citizens of the United States of America a job and security, as well as financial stability.