In the news: Terrorism in America

jonathan
What is the definition of terrorism in America? That word is synonymous with the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001. That is the extreme foreign version of American terrorism. However there is a form of domestic terrorism in the United States that even surpasses the fear of the foreign terrorist. Violence and crime are drastically up in America today, people in large urban cities like Memphis, Atlanta, and Chicago suffer from higher crime rates than most other countries in the world. Most people's response to solving violent crime is to enforce strict anti-gun laws that would make it impossible to own a fire arm. What these people don't understand it's thar 85% of gun crimes are committed by a black market fire arm. Stripping the citizens of their second amendment would only disarm the public and encourage more crime. So how do you stop the high crime rates if you aren't going to take the guns away? We need to enact harsher punishment on criminals and have thorough background checks on people seeking to purchase a gun.
Yes there is a type of foreign terrorism from groups like Al Qaeda and North Korea, however Americas more prevalent problem is domestic crime and violence that is tearing apart our great country.