In the news: Global warming, the ultimate meltdown

Raven-book
You have heard it on the news, over the years, but of course few take notice of this slowly dripping apocalypse. Funny, isn’t it? How melting Polar ice caps or thinning Arctic sea ice doesn’t have the same effect that a nuclear bomb or a meteorite might. Well, citizens of the world, yes that includes children, teenagers, adults, elderly people. You better see what is going to happen if this dripping nightmare continues to proceed.
It frustrates me that no one seems to be concerned about the environment, in a special report by New Scientist the Arctic sea ice has hit a record low, a transformation not seen in three million years. The consequences could arguably be the greatest environmental change in human history will extend far beyond the North Pole. Temperatures are rising much quicker over the globe than to what scientists early anticipated, causing extreme weathers and some strange nature sights. It influences the patterns and amounts of precipitation, raise sea level, increase the acidity of the oceans. These changes will impact our food supply, water resources, ecosystems and even our own health. Ever notice food prices are raising, that is also part of global warming. A recent study published by Stanford University showed that global wheat production decreased by 5.5 percent as a result of an unstable climate. Fresh water is also becoming scarcer in some regions, many mountainous states rely on snowmelt to replenish their water sources, and snowpack is declining as well as melting earlier in the season. If the Earth’s climate warms by 2 or 3 more degrees by 2100, global sea level will rise 3 feet, displacing almost 56 million people around the world.
Of course, not many of us would consider this a problem now. This is all happening in the future, and the future can wait. Live in the present, as many of us says, but this will impact our future if we all just sit here and watch it happen. So, next time, when you are driving in your car think about your children, whom will be victims of the global warming. When you leave the light on, think of what will happen the Earth turns into a giant ball of hotness. This is our future, and all of us have a responsibility to shape it.