In The News: The Boston Marathon Bombing has been a hot topic as of lately.

Colin Flederbach
In The News: The Boston Marathon Bombing has been a hot topic as of lately. How can such a horrible thing happen on such a special day for the people in Boston? It was their Patriot Day. People were celebrating. Happiness was in the air. We watch the two men continuously on the television. We watch the poor little eight-year-old boy in his innocence. He was just waiting for his Dad to finish the race so unaware of the tragedy that would be placed on him. How can human beings do something like this? Do they even have a conscience? How can they go on living when they have done so much harm to so many people?

It’s a sad world we live in that we can’t even go to a place where there are many people and not worry about what if? Since 9/11 our world has changed but I do think it will change even more now. It already has. You can’t help to wonder when you go into the city for a fun day if that day could turn into a disaster. They tell us that we have to go on with our lives and not let terrorism take over what we do. We can’t though because the world in which we live is constantly changing and we can’t help but to think about what if?

Maybe we shouldn’t talk so much about the terrorist who commits terrorist acts such as bombings. We are only giving them popularity by continuously giving them news coverage in the media. That is not such a good thing to do. Maybe other terrorist groups will feel if they commit some kind of terrorist act then their cause will get the same kind of coverage in the news. Isn’t that what they want to do? Sometimes our media goes overboard and sensationalizes events way too much.