STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

In the News: The Boston Marathon Bombing

carlygoehring
Today in the news, most stories are intriguing because the newscaster wants you to feel for the victims. All stories are interesting in some way or form, but some are extremely important to better society. One story that I find to be important is the Boston Marathon Bombing. Most people have heard of the horrors that have happened to those helpless victims, and their hearts go out to them. What I find to be important are the stories such as “runners keep running to give blood” and “volunteers help victims”. I believe that teens should focus on these stories because they exemplify people possessing courage.
Pure courage is hard to strive for, and this is why I am passionate about this story. I often find myself possessing little amounts of courage, and after reading these stories, I have found that I have more courage in myself. I think of how I would feel if someone ran to give blood to me, and I can’t wrap my thoughts around it. These poor victims were helpless, and the unharmed runners knew this, so they ran to help. They knew that continuing to run could be harmful to their bodies, or even that more bombs could be hidden, but those heroic runners did not care. They found the courage within themselves to keep running, and I believe more people in our society need to learn to become more courageous.
Courage is found more often in adults, and I think teens should care about this topic so that they can be more courageous. Courage is hard to find within yourself, but it is highly respected. Teens often let others deal with tough dilemmas, and I think teens should take charge and become a stronger voice in our society. We can become role models for the young in our society. And by doing what? Simply showing courage. By expressing this courage, people will begin to look up to us, and our age will have more respect directed towards us. Lets face it, teens have little respect directed towards us because frankly, most of us do not care. And that’s just the thing. We can care. We can find courage in ourselves and show our parents, our siblings, and everybody else that we care and we can help.
The question is, how can we help? We know that we cannot rewind time so that this incident never happened, but there are things we can do. We can step up, show our courage, and go out into society. We can donate money and blood to the victims so that their medical bills are not so much. We can also raise awareness so that others can help the victims. But most importantly, we can send love to everyone affected, to show that we know what happened, and that we care about them. Teens, its time to step up and show the world that we care, and we have the courage to prove it.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy