In the News: The Boston Bombing

janayegreen
Recently in the United States, a bombing occurred during an annual marathon in Boston. This bombing has affected the country as a whole. Although this bombing took the country by surprise, it has brought more people together. When people were fearing for their lives, brave citizens stepped up and put their lives on the lines. A man risked his life the day of the bombing. When the bomb set off, a young man was immediately injured and needed assistance. This same man stayed with the young man until he received full attention . As teenagers, we need to become more aware of the news and what is happening in our world today. The world is changing everyday, and if we do not keep up with those changes, then we will eventually become lost. Teenagers should have concern about what is happening in the news because we are the future, and the future depends on us.
Throughout our history, bombings have been very scarce. The well known bombings of our country’s past include 9/11 and Pearl Harbor. This recent bombing has caused a scare in our country. Teenagers need to be aware of what happened and what is happening because it is our future and its in our hands. Whatever happens now could have an effect on what our future holds. If we do not care about what is going on now, then we cannot expect to make things better for the future. We are the next teachers, preachers, soldiers, accountants, and maybe even presidents. In order to make that happen, certain schools require that students watch the news every day to become more aware. We have to know the past to make the future better. Our ancestors are counting on us to continue the dream they started over two hundred years ago.
It is our job to make the world a better place. In order to carry those duties, we have to know what happened before so that it won’t happen again. The world is counting on us to make a difference and more importantly keep the world going. We cannot do that if we do not have the proper knowledge of what has happened before. The world is depending on us to be the best we can and to more importantly make the world a better place. Without the news, we won’t be aware of what is happening. We need to care about what happens to this world, and be ready for whatever may come our way. Many students have shown their sympathy for the victims of the bombing by attending memorial services. Students have also been given the opportunity to donate money to families of the victims. By paying respect to those who lost their lives to a terrible event, we are not only aware of the news but also active in the recovery process.