In The News... Boston Bombing

ec96299
Help Bostonians finish the raceā€¦

On the afternoon of April 15th, what was supposed to be celebration and joy at the sight of the final steps of the Boston Marathon, turned into total mayhem when 2 bombs exploded at the finish line.
This news story hit every headline in what seemed like seconds and news of this disaster surfaced almost every twitter account within minutes. People were immediately alarmed to hear of such devastation at such an exciting and memorable event that is so dear to the hearts of many Americans, but particularly, so important to Bostonians.
Many teens and more specifically, college students, were involved in the marathon: raising money for various charities and giving up their time and energy to give back to their respective communities and to those that they care for the most. As a country, and as a global society, the young generation should stand beside those who are hurting through this hardship and tragic loss of life. Teens are watching their family suffer in pain from wounds, college students are helping friends adjust to life with lost limbs. What more can we do, as fellow members of the young generation, but stand strong beside them in their time of need? As soon to be high school graduates, we must recognize the world we are about to start living in, it can be tough, and there will be trying times, but as a nation of high school graduates we must care for our fellow citizens and friends, especially now.
I took my first trip to visit Boston during the summer of 2012, while watching the news coverage of the bombing and seeing the streets I had walked, (what seems like just a couple of weeks ago,) saddened me to see them under such destruction in the news. This event will not only be remembered throughout the year of 2013, but for many years to come. The Boston Marathon will unfortunately, and most likely, be remembered for by this disaster.
As young people, we can join the effort to aid the families affected by the bombings, particularly, with monetary aid. Money will be greatly appreciated towards medical bills and such in the days and weeks to come. Graduation is coming up and we are all aware of the money that may arrive in pretty envelopes in our mailbox from friends and family, in an effort to help our Boston friends, we should spare a couple of dollars and donate to the various charities that are working towards helping those affected.
Young people of America let us stand alongside our Boston family and offer aid in whichever way appropriate, let us help them finish this race.