In The News: Abortion laws are changing and so are people's opinions.

alexecott

Abortion is an issue in the United States that has many different faces and details that can all be approached from different points of views. There is a religious view, a medical view, and an intellectual view. I believe that everyone in the United States should pay more attention to the news about this topic, but especially teens and college students because they might be the ones that have to deal with these issues. According to the National Abortion Federation 19% of all abortions are women between the ages of 15 and 19, and 33% for women 20 to 24. These ages include teens and college students. Teens and young adults should pay more attention to these news topics because it could involve them, their opinions matter, and it could shape our future.
The news topic on abortion has changed rapidly in the past few weeks as North Dakota passed a law stating that abortions are prohibited after a fetal heartbeat is detected. Because of this law North Dakota now has the strictest law against abortion. Just recently in America states have been changing their view points and adjusting laws. Arkansas used to have the most forceful abortion law, according to the Washington Post, that abortions would be banned after 12 weeks of the pregnancy. The United States are in the middle of change and it is important for the younger audience to pay attention because it will be affecting them the most.
Most people think that the opinions of the young people don’t matter but in this case they have a strong load to carry. The people that will actually have to live with the decisions that are made are teens and young adults. If they have strong beliefs on the topic they should definitely speak their mind. I believe strongly that abortion is wrong but there are so many things involved with it and so many things I haven’t learned. Whether or not the young audience is for abortion doesn’t matter, what matters is that they are dealing with an issue that is going to play a role in their lives and eventually their children’s lives.
I believe abortion is the killing of a helpless child that has no chance to fight for itself. Many teens and college students may think differently and in order to make a difference those young adults should pay attention and actually care about what is going on in the world today. I am not trying to change anyone’s opinion; I am stating that they should at least have one. As a teen I also have an opinion; you should never place a period where God has placed a comma.