In the News: The Economy

Eugene
There are many things that teens and college students should care about. Some of those include North Korea having nuclear arms, gun control, and immigration. All these issues have significance to any student or young adult. The students may not see the effects for several years for some of the issues, such as immigration. Some need to be worried about by nearly everyone, while others only concern the younger generations. With the teens and college students entering the work force soon the main issue they need to pay attention to is the economy and what is going on with it.
Students need a strong economy while they are entering the workforce, or they will struggle a lot trying to make ends meet. Many of the students feel that getting all these “free” handouts is great. They have no idea that it actually works against them because it destroys the economy and then they will not be able to find employment. They are lazy and do not want to work for anything. The fact is it ruins the economy and they will be stuck with a huge problem, soon down the road. If they continue to take welfare then they may end up completely destroying the country as well.
With the incredibly large deficit the government has ran up those students will have a hard time paying it off in order to continue to grow the economy. America has got in such a big hole it is going to be hard to get out of. The students who will soon enter the workforce will have no jobs and they will in turn make no money. This continues to add to the number of people on welfare. With more and more people on welfare it will be hard for the working people to pay for them.
At this point in many teens lives it is hard for them to realize the effect they can actually have on the economy. It is also hard for them to understand how the economy works and what all effects it has on individuals. They need to pay attention to the economy more than any other issue they face because they must try to find employment no matter how bad it is. The students need to realize what taking welfare does to the people who actually work, as well. If students do not focus on the economy they will not last long enough to have to worry about any of the other situations the general public needs to be concerned with.