In The News: The Boston Bombings

mattgalll
Boston. A city known for its famous history, like the Boston Tea Party and the American Revolution, its wondrous food, its famous sports teams and buildings, and most of all, can be known as the birthplace of America, but on the day of April 15th, Boston was a city of terror, confusion, and sorrow. Just before 3 p.m., an explosion shatters the cheers on Boylston Street near the finish line of one of Boston's largest and most cherished events. More than 17,000 runners already had crossed the finish line, but thousands more still were headed for the site of the bombing. Sirens and screams erupt as rescuers scramble and the crowd panics. Ten seconds later, a second explosions shatters windows, bodies, and the hearts of America.
The Boston Marathon is a symbol for America. Every year more and more people from all over the world continue to come to the marathon because of its festivities or come just to watch the 27,000 plus people run in this historical event. These bombs make us feel like nothing is safe anymore because what was a safe, fun, and exciting event turned into a dreadful, sorrowful day for people all over the world.
Martin Richard is an eight-year-old boy from Boston who had just crossed the finish line in the Boston Marathon. He had just given his father a hug and then returned to his mother and six-year-old sister when the explosion took his life. His mother suffered a severe brain injury and his sister’s leg was blown off. Martin was one of the three victims taken by the Boston bombs. The death of Martin makes that day dreadful and as teenagers we have to feel sympathy for Martin and anyone who knew him. To have a loved one taken from you at such a young age at such an awful sight must be dreadful. You can only imagine what his parents and his sister are feeling right now, as we Americans feel terrible for such a cowardly act by two low-life and heartless men.
Young people today do not live in the moment. They live everyday like they will have another tomorrow, but tomorrow is not guaranteed. Our life could be taken from us in the blink of an eye. It could happen at any time, but we cannot know when it will happen, so why live like we have another day? The three victims in Boston had no idea that their lives were to be taken by God that day, and I hope for their sake they were living that day like it was their last, so before it is too late, live like it is your last. That is why young people should care about what happened in Boston.
It is too late for the victims, so let us all pray for them and their families. We can help them get through this. Those people living with a deceased loved one can survive with our help and we can survive with God’s help.