In the News: Gay Rights

rosiebentley3
In the News: US Supreme court debates gay marriage.
Teens and adults everywhere should care about this matter, not only because it affects their futures but it is also an opportunity for a voice in society. Gay rights has been a very arguable subject for all ages for many years, with the gay marriage debate heating up more people are supporting or protesting the cause. Their are gay,lesbian, and bisexual teens everywhere. A song, by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis has recently become very popular. The title of the song is Same Love, this song is so powerful and gives gays a voice, an important lyric in this song is: “Whatever God you believe in We come from the same one strip away the fear underneath it's all the same love, about time that we raised up.” Macklemore wrote this song for his gay uncle, macklemore is straight. This song sparked many movements and waves of support. Another gay support community is called straight but not narrow, were straight people form a gay-straight alliance. In my personal opinion i think its very unfair for me as a straight person, to get to marry the person i end up loving, but gay people not getting that chance to pronounce their love, it shouldnt even be an argument. Gay people deserve the same things we do not just in marriage, in sports, in school. They are humans just like us and it is sickening for them to be cast aside as “different” or weird”. How would you feel if you were straight and you couldn't marry the one you loved? Its just wrong, and who ever thinks gay is a sin, is wrong. God may or may not be real and you shouldn't base everything you do off one man. Were supposed to be a free country. If we're so “free” why are gay kids not allowed to get married, or get called “faggots” by their teachers (this is true, the lesbian girl in the movie Bully, told about how a teacher called her the derogatory term, faggot) I vowed to myself at age 11 that i would not get married until all gays had the same rights. Our country needs a slap in the face!