STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

In the News: Gay Rights

rosiebentley3
In the News: US Supreme court debates gay marriage.
Teens and adults everywhere should care about this matter, not only because it affects their futures but it is also an opportunity for a voice in society. Gay rights has been a very arguable subject for all ages for many years, with the gay marriage debate heating up more people are supporting or protesting the cause. Their are gay,lesbian, and bisexual teens everywhere. A song, by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis has recently become very popular. The title of the song is Same Love, this song is so powerful and gives gays a voice, an important lyric in this song is: “Whatever God you believe in We come from the same one strip away the fear underneath it's all the same love, about time that we raised up.” Macklemore wrote this song for his gay uncle, macklemore is straight. This song sparked many movements and waves of support. Another gay support community is called straight but not narrow, were straight people form a gay-straight alliance. In my personal opinion i think its very unfair for me as a straight person, to get to marry the person i end up loving, but gay people not getting that chance to pronounce their love, it shouldnt even be an argument. Gay people deserve the same things we do not just in marriage, in sports, in school. They are humans just like us and it is sickening for them to be cast aside as “different” or weird”. How would you feel if you were straight and you couldn't marry the one you loved? Its just wrong, and who ever thinks gay is a sin, is wrong. God may or may not be real and you shouldn't base everything you do off one man. Were supposed to be a free country. If we're so “free” why are gay kids not allowed to get married, or get called “faggots” by their teachers (this is true, the lesbian girl in the movie Bully, told about how a teacher called her the derogatory term, faggot) I vowed to myself at age 11 that i would not get married until all gays had the same rights. Our country needs a slap in the face!
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy