In the news:This is what happens when a 29 year old is put in charge of a country

seenevermore
If you’ve watched the news recently, you would have heard something about North Korea threatening to launch nuclear weapons. This of course leaves people with many questions- “Is North Korea going to bomb the United States? Are they a real threat? Why do they hate us so much?”
As for the answers to the questions, well, I don’t truly have an answer. No one truly understands the internal political structure of North Korea and we never really will. What's going through the mind of the inexperienced Kim Jong-un, a fourteen year old girl like me can't say. But what I can offer is my perspective on these questions.
For one, I believe that citizens of the United States are entirely too concerned about what will happen to them specifically. North Korea is so far behind concerning their technological capabilities, there’s almost no chance they have a weapon that can reach the United States. And even if they suddenly conjured up the ability to launch such weapons, I trust that the missile would be shot out of range before it could reach U.S soil. As the most powerful military in the world, North Korea has no chance against the United States.
Really, it’s South Korea, Japan, and other surrounding countries that should be concerned. Can a missile reach them? Yes, I believe it can. But will North Korea has the guts to launch? Well, no, I really don't think they will.
Kim Jong-un simply wants to prove to his country that he can be as great a leader as his father was. Kim Jong-Il was feared, worshipped, held on a pedestal that reached as high as heaven, and North Koreans were devastated by the news of his death. And here comes his son, young and with so much to prove. All kids want to do their parents proud, and in that aspect, I can see where he’s coming from. But then of course, not all children have the ability to launch nuclear weapons.
So is North Korea a threat? Well, they're a country crazy enough to threaten a world super power. They're more a threat to themselves. If the political figures in North Korea actually launch a weapon, the United States would most definitely not hesitate to attack back, which would mean devastation for the already starving, crippled country.
North Korea has an agenda against the United States because we are South Korea's greatest ally, and our support towards South Korea during the Korean War will never be forgotten.
To put it simply, I'm not expecting much to come out of North Korea's threats. North Korea has been threatening both South Korea and the United States since the end of the Korean War, from threats in 1954 to an ambush in 1966 to even their detonantion of a nuclear device in 2009.
This will be a time of tension, of threats and suspicion, but I don't believe this will be anything more than a second Cold War.