In The News: U.S senate debate gay marriage

my_life13
In the news there has been alot of talk about the U.S debating whether or not they should pass the Gay marriage law. Most people think its such a big deal, but if you come to think of it, it is not. Others think it doesn't have anything to do with them. Gay marriage should be legalized because its not up to the U.S senate to decide whether or not people should be marrying their same sex. Its their choice of what they think and what they want. Nobody has to right of way to say no, what happen to "freedom". It plays a big role in this debate. Not everybody thinks and acts the same. Everyone has their own point of viewing things. Yes, its wrong in a way to marry someone of the sex but its what others want. They have there ways of living life and considering gay marriage is just one of them. The U.S senate should be more worried about other things happening out there in the world. They are far more important then two people having affection between each other. There are many pros and cons against gay marriage, but It is no one else's business if two men or two women want to get married. Two people of the same sex who love each other should be allowed to publicly celebrate their commitment. and to receive the same benefits of marriage as opposite sex couples. But in may traditions and religious groups there are rules that they have to abide by in order to keep the heritage and beliefs alive. Everyone deserves equal rights, just like when martin luther king jr wanted equal rights so that blacks wouldnt be discriminated against whites. Thanks to him we all have that freedom to communicate and all live in a social environment where there isnt a law that stops it. Same-sex marriage is a civil right. The 1967 Supreme Court case Loving v. Virginia confirmed that marriage is "one of the basic civil rights of man," and same-sex marriages should receive the same protections given to interracial marriages by that ruling. Gay marriage could be a good thing because Gay marriages can bring financial gain to the state and local governments. the income from gay marriage comes from marriage licenses, higher income taxes (called "marriage penalty"), and decreases in costs for state benefit programs. In New York City they found that legalizing gay marriage would bring $142 million to the City’s economy and $184 million to the State’s economy over three years. With the state being in depth i think it could help. This is a view in which people can consider in gay marriages