In The News: Anonymous and CISPA

RedTwist
For those who do not know, Anonymous is an online activist group who fight for everyone's freedom on the internet, even yours. I don't think that that anyone really knows their limits, but I do believe that they will do anything to stop CISPA from being used in the United States, they helped stop CISPA the first time it emerged but has now been recently brought back up again.

CISPA is a bill currently going through congress, but its designed to prevent and defend against cyber attacks on national infrastructures and private firms by obtaining and sharing “Information”. You might think that this is a good thing, but this allows private firms to collect your personal data and give it to the Government without the need of a Warrant. Some of the things that they can give them include: emails, text messages, and cloud stored documents and files. So I believe that the new bill is more than infringing on our current internet privacy rules like the Wiretap ACT and the Stored Communications ACT. To make matters worse for all of us, the private firms will be given full permission of your data so they can give it away without you even knowing.

The way they control the Government's position of the internet is quite questionable, but I do believe that it certain cases their methods are more than helpful for everyone. Too me I see them as more of a Chaotic good group, in other words a sort of Dark Knight, I hope that you will pay more attention to the group in the News as well as your freedom on the internet.