In the News: Rape

samgids10
In the news…a 15 year old girl was sexually abused by three 16 year old boys and then later she took her own life. After reading this story of this young girl, made me realize that we don’t just need to watch out for the older people who do these kinds of things but also for the ones that are our own age! Things like this get me so fired up, because I guess that I don’t see the pleasure in it. I feel like those boys had no intention in thinking about how this can affect their life later down the road and I’m positive that it didn’t cross their mind about how this could traumatize the girl and the effects that it will have on her. I also feel that they were plenty old enough to know what they were getting themselves into, if they are going to do something like an adult then they should also be treated like an adult and not like a “minor” they need a real consequence, rape is a serious crime it shouldn’t be considered just a misdemeanor. So I think that people our age should be more careful in our actions and when we are hanging out or something along those lines we need to find out all the details to make sure things like this doesn’t happen so easily.