In the News: North Korea

Mortal Couch
It seems like everybody has been talking about North Korea, but there has been good reason for it. If we were to go to war with North Korea, many people would be extremely angry because, after all, we have yet to finish our other wars. Now, coming from a soldier’s viewpoint, yet another war could be both good and bad. It could be good because that’s how we earn our pay, by fighting; however it could also be bad because there will be troops who die. Personally, I don’t think we would necessarily lose a war with North Korea, but at the same time I don’t think we would necessarily win either. I think that because all the wars with Asia that we’ve gone to we never really win. For example, with Vietnam , we ended up giving up and leaving Vietnam to sort itself out because we were having too many casualties, but I digress. Now, I don’t really think North Korea would be able to do too much damage if they were to just attack us, because we, meaning the US, are more technologically advanced and have a better military. However, I think if we were to take an offensive approach and invade North Korea, quite a bit of damage could be done to this. I believe that because we would be heavily outnumbered, we wouldn't know the area as well as the Koreans, and it would be difficult to know who is an enemy and who is a civilian. So personally, I hope we do not go to war with North Korea because that is something the US really doesn't need right now, we need to finish the wars we’re in right now first.