In the News: Gay Marriage

Lb34
Gay marriage has been an issue with our government for the past couple of years, no one seems to know how to approach the issue, my opinion about this topic is that gay marriage isn't only morally wrong it can be harmful to society. Gay marriage has always been unacceptable through out history from the very beginning with the bible saying in Leviticus 20 it says," If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." to early 20th century where if you were gay they sent you to a asylum to try and fix you. Putting all of this aside, the fact o0f the matter is that gay marriage can destroy a child's perception on a relationship and father and or mother figures, It is in the child’s best interests that he be raised under the influence of his natural father and mother. This rule is confirmed by the evident difficulties faced by the many children who are orphans or are raised by a single parent, a relative, or a foster parent. The unfortunate situation of these children will be the norm for all children of a same-sex “marriage.” A child of a same-sex “marriage” will always be deprived of either his natural mother or father. He will necessarily be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with him. He will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. this will cause our society to wither away and open the gates to say that just because you feel a certain way means that it is OK, this is wrong. Then again this is my opinion and only my opinion not facts.