In the News: North Korea and their Absurd Missile Threat

[email protected] [email protected]
North Korea has been threatening the U.S since January 24, 2013. North Korea has recently been doing underground test with Nuclear weapons as well as test with Ballistic missiles; while it is unknown whether or not they have the capability to combine the two together. Since the missile maximum range they can fire is 10,000 km most of America is in the clear, but the state that are not are the ones that are on alert as they should be. Even though most of the U.S. is safe from the immediate threat of a nuclear missile launch there is still the question of “What will the fallout do to the rest of the country?” with that in mind people should feel as if they’re safe if North Korea has enough courage to be the country that start a nuclear war with The United Sates, South Korea, Japan and other Allies. They also need to take so thing in to consideration.

1) They have less than ten nuclear war heads
2) Their country is 46,541 sq.mi
3) Their nuclear equipment is obsolete.

With that in mind I would threaten to launch a missile on a country that has 4,000 missiles that are not retired and at our disposal. As well as being capable of deploying them from the land, air and sea; since the military has already did a practice run with 3 B-53 stealth Bombers North Korea needs to be careful because they are paying a very dangerous game with some people that are more than capable of wiping their country off the map. Even though were already ready for a problem of this magnitude the government should not have shown that they are threatened by this. That is exactly what North Korea was trying to achieve. What I think we should have done was to get ready, but not make it public about what our plan were. This way we will be ready, but not entertaining North Korea by acknowledging what they said they were planning to do. North Korea’s threat should not be taken as a bluff, but over acknowledging it’s presents is the reason they are continuously sending more threats. I think the government should passively watch North Korea, but try not to make it obvious. This way they will not get the satisfaction that they are trying to achieve by threatening the U.S. That is what I think the best course of action would be.