In the News...

asdfgjkl;'
Recently, North Korea has became a prominent headline on the nightly news. It appears to be growing as a nuclear threat and has been gaining attention for it's strong military policies. It has excommunicated from South Korea and threatens to attack any outside country that interferes; several U.S drones that flew over South Korea were deemed as 'threats on to the growing empire of North Korea.' All these warnings and pretentious whistle blowings have been a metaphorical muscle flexing charade to intimidate other countries. Kim Jong Un, insecure in his fresh position as head of state he hopes to scare more powerful countries into submission. His tactic is juvenile and reckless. All these threats of nuclear retaliation provide a facade to hide the excruciation level of poverty and destitution that wreaks through the majority of the population of North Korea. His people are suffering from widespread starvation and illness and yet he continues to huff and puff and hope he blows a few fences down in the process. The main issue is whether it is the U.S's place to interviene and if so, to what extent. The U.S should, in my opinion, avoid any nuclear conflict if possible, but the tragic circumstances of the people of North Korea cannot be overlooked. If the U.S were to become any more involved in the situation in North Korea, there's a strong likelihood that we would be declared enemies of the state and the impoverished nation would follow Kim Jong Un's order- just like they always have. It is the North Korean people that have the power to change their situation, not the foreign countries that funnel supplies into the country. Until the day comes when North Koreans realize they don't have to be forced to live in a country that refuses to provide for them under the leadership of a man who simply doesn't care about their circumstance, then nothing will change and the intimidation will not cease. I only fear for the countless lives that will be lost over such a frivolous cause.