In the News: Gay Marriage

rgzarate
Gay marriage
I don’t see why the government doesn’t let gay couples be. Who is it hurting? Nobody, it’s on the bible? Who even knows if everything on a bible is real? I’m sure god loves all his children the same, whether they are gay or not. I think it is dumb how some people think being gay is a choice, yeah it can be a choice to some individuals, but I know people that have always known they were gay. Why would some people be scared to come out than? If it was a choice, they wouldn’t care. I believe everyone should be able to marry who they want, and have all the same rights a woman and man couple does. It is not like just because they keep gay marriage illegal that they are not going to be together anymore.
I think people that are against it are so immature. Everyone deserves to be happy, to share their lives with someone they truly love. Why can’t the government allow that freedom? The United States is based on freedom, so why not let them be? I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I’m with gay marriage! Let them be happy! Let them adopt kids! Let them love each other without people judging them or beating them, just because they have a different taste from yours.
Comment by SuperNova

For the most part, this whole fight over gay marriage is on principle, not the practical benefits that marriage will endow gay couples with.

In my humble opinion, to suggest that the marriage of two people of the same gender is EQUIVALENT to the marriage of a man and woman goes against the precedent established by both religion and history. Despite the First Amendment, it is unbecoming to establish law that so flagrantly defies a cornerstone of American history (the Bible).

I'm not religious at all, but I believe that the Bible is a text worthy of our society's respect.

Were you to suggest granting gay couples the same legal rights as straight couples, I would assent, but think that it is absurd to equate a "gay marriage" and a "straight marriage" as inherently the same.

Valid arguments can be made on both sides, but this issue is so overblown and is a stupid issue that is used to polarize the voting base.

In conclusion, I don't really care that much about it, and can't see why so many people do.

best,
SuperNova