STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

In the News: Gay Marriage

rgzarate
Gay marriage
I don’t see why the government doesn’t let gay couples be. Who is it hurting? Nobody, it’s on the bible? Who even knows if everything on a bible is real? I’m sure god loves all his children the same, whether they are gay or not. I think it is dumb how some people think being gay is a choice, yeah it can be a choice to some individuals, but I know people that have always known they were gay. Why would some people be scared to come out than? If it was a choice, they wouldn’t care. I believe everyone should be able to marry who they want, and have all the same rights a woman and man couple does. It is not like just because they keep gay marriage illegal that they are not going to be together anymore.
I think people that are against it are so immature. Everyone deserves to be happy, to share their lives with someone they truly love. Why can’t the government allow that freedom? The United States is based on freedom, so why not let them be? I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I’m with gay marriage! Let them be happy! Let them adopt kids! Let them love each other without people judging them or beating them, just because they have a different taste from yours.
Rate this:
Comment by SuperNova

For the most part, this whole fight over gay marriage is on principle, not the practical benefits that marriage will endow gay couples with.

In my humble opinion, to suggest that the marriage of two people of the same gender is EQUIVALENT to the marriage of a man and woman goes against the precedent established by both religion and history. Despite the First Amendment, it is unbecoming to establish law that so flagrantly defies a cornerstone of American history (the Bible).

I'm not religious at all, but I believe that the Bible is a text worthy of our society's respect.

Were you to suggest granting gay couples the same legal rights as straight couples, I would assent, but think that it is absurd to equate a "gay marriage" and a "straight marriage" as inherently the same.

Valid arguments can be made on both sides, but this issue is so overblown and is a stupid issue that is used to polarize the voting base.

In conclusion, I don't really care that much about it, and can't see why so many people do.

best,
SuperNova

Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:42:26 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy