STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

In the News: North Korea's Threats... Should We Be Worried?

Cardellichio
There are a lot of serious issues going on in our society today. One important issue that has caused a lot of panic are the threats we have received from North Korea. The military issues of our country are very important to me, and they should be important to everyone, especially high school and college students. I am writing about this topic to inform you that you shouldn’t be scared, and that you should avoid reading or hearing propaganda. Many people read propaganda and begin to panic, and tell all their friends, causing a mass hysteria. I also chose this topic because people art my school are starting to panic over things they have heard, and they are completely false. One last reason I chose this is because I hope to join the Marine Corps one day, and I want to show my parents that we will not be going to war with North Korea.
North Korea has been threatening to fire nuclear missiles at our country. People are panicking that we will end up being nuked, or going to war with North Korea. We are allied with many other countries, and we have much better technology than North Korea. I wouldn’t be the least bit scared of North Korea, because of they really are a serious threat to our country, we would have already gone to war with them. A lot of people get twisted thoughts that they are better prepared then us. Well, according to an article from BBC News, “Pyongyang's ability to carry out a nuclear strike on the US is even less certain, as analysts do not believe it has yet managed to create a small enough nuclear device to be mounted on a warhead.” It isn’t even believed that they have created a device that can fit on a rocket!
In that same aricle from BBC News, you can read “The latest series of threats are being seen as "bluff" because the North's leaders know a nuclear attack would be suicidal and impractical, given the North's rudimentary missile programme.” You shouldn’t be scared. We have some of the best men and women in the world that are in charge of our military. If they don’t see this as threat, then you should worry, because they have prepared their whole lives for things like this, and chances are they have a lot more knowledge on the situation than the person who wrote a newspaper article or talked on TV about this.
As you have read, I have emphasized on how important it is that we remain calm, to avoid panic. I hope that you have learned that. I also hope you spread the word that others that there is nothing to worry about. Our military and its leaders are some of the finest in the world. They have this issue under control. If you wish to read more from the article I used, the link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21710644. Thanks for reading this, and stay calm.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy