In the News: North Korea's Threats... Should We Be Worried?

Cardellichio
There are a lot of serious issues going on in our society today. One important issue that has caused a lot of panic are the threats we have received from North Korea. The military issues of our country are very important to me, and they should be important to everyone, especially high school and college students. I am writing about this topic to inform you that you shouldn’t be scared, and that you should avoid reading or hearing propaganda. Many people read propaganda and begin to panic, and tell all their friends, causing a mass hysteria. I also chose this topic because people art my school are starting to panic over things they have heard, and they are completely false. One last reason I chose this is because I hope to join the Marine Corps one day, and I want to show my parents that we will not be going to war with North Korea.
North Korea has been threatening to fire nuclear missiles at our country. People are panicking that we will end up being nuked, or going to war with North Korea. We are allied with many other countries, and we have much better technology than North Korea. I wouldn’t be the least bit scared of North Korea, because of they really are a serious threat to our country, we would have already gone to war with them. A lot of people get twisted thoughts that they are better prepared then us. Well, according to an article from BBC News, “Pyongyang's ability to carry out a nuclear strike on the US is even less certain, as analysts do not believe it has yet managed to create a small enough nuclear device to be mounted on a warhead.” It isn’t even believed that they have created a device that can fit on a rocket!
In that same aricle from BBC News, you can read “The latest series of threats are being seen as "bluff" because the North's leaders know a nuclear attack would be suicidal and impractical, given the North's rudimentary missile programme.” You shouldn’t be scared. We have some of the best men and women in the world that are in charge of our military. If they don’t see this as threat, then you should worry, because they have prepared their whole lives for things like this, and chances are they have a lot more knowledge on the situation than the person who wrote a newspaper article or talked on TV about this.
As you have read, I have emphasized on how important it is that we remain calm, to avoid panic. I hope that you have learned that. I also hope you spread the word that others that there is nothing to worry about. Our military and its leaders are some of the finest in the world. They have this issue under control. If you wish to read more from the article I used, the link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21710644. Thanks for reading this, and stay calm.