In the News: The Debate on Legalizing Gay Marriage.

torimykell95
There has been a lot of debate on legalizing gay marriage in the media lately. I feel like my entire Facebook feed is about gay rights. The topic is a tricky one and it's actually a very sensitive subject and I don't think a lot of people have consideration when debating this issue. I am LDS and I stand up for my beliefs. My church is a huge part of my life, but one thing I have my own opinion on outside of what my church says is that I support gay marriage. I feel like almost everyone these days knows someone who is gay. I personally don't understand their mind set to be gay, but that's just it. I don't understand it. Unless you are gay, you do not understand how they feel. You cannot judge someone for who they are just because you don't agree with it. And I definitely don't think you can take their rights away because of it. A lot of people who are against gay marriage give the reason that it corrupts the meaning of marriage. I find that quite humorous because in case people haven't noticed straight couples all over America have already corrupted the meaning of marriage, on a daily basis. People get divorced every day. People commit Adultery every day. People are abused inside marriages every day. Look at the well-respected famous people all over America and notice how long lots of their marriages have lasted. Hundreds of gay couples have been together for years and are strong as ever, but yet they still don't have the right to be married. I'm very confident in saying that more gay couples would last longer than a lot of straight married couples. I don't participate in gay marriage, but I will support it because I am not about to say it's okay to take away someone’s right to be happy because they differ from me.