In the News: Gun rights

nick halden
Attention needs to be called to the guns rights issue. Obama and several other demarcates and even democratic states are banning guns from the citizens of our country. I believe that this is not fair to the tax paying citizens that work so hard to have the life that they live. Manly the armed forces that fought to keep our rights.
I have several family members that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, one in the first Gulf War, and Three that fought in Vietnam and two that fought in World War 1 and World War 2 both of which died several years ago. But they fought to keep the rights of our country. Namely the second amendment of our US Constitution which states that: “A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” At the end it said “Shall not be infringed”. The founding fathers knew what they were talking about when they said that we should have the right to bear arms. Our Country was Built on the by the citizens being able to defend ourselves. It has fought through many wars and which have we lost our rights HECK NO! We have rights and we need to fight to keep them.
Many people out there thing that” we’re are not in the 1700’s or the 1800’s or the 1900’s we don’t need to protect ourselves anymore the government will do that for us” this is not a single bit true. The US Government protects itself first, the Military second, the government employees third, and its citizens last. For all those environmentalists out there that thinks that guns hurt people you’re so wrong, does a knife make a chef or a murderer? No does a computer make a computer tech or a hacker? No does a Gun make a hunter, a cop, a member of the armed forces, does it make a killer? No these inanimate objects are not the reason these people are who they are they are tools in the hands of people. Should we outlaw knives so that there are no more stabbings? Should we outlaw computers so that people won’t hack our lives? Should we take guns away from citizens that use guns for their personal defense? GUNS DON’T HURT PEOPLE; PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE!
Last but certainly not least why should we let a president that takes credit for signing that same bill the two presidents before him signed, the order to kill Osama Bin Laden. When he was not the man that found him. The CIA found him, navy seals killed him. Our president was not spending hundreds of man hours searching for him. He did not train constantly for months for the raid on Osama Bin laden. But when he calls upon them to do these things they get done. But when he is called upon by the seals protocol comes before lives. And that’s what killed great men this is not the president I want to protect me. I can hold my own I can’t do this without my rights. Great men and women, Wonderful men and women die every single day to protect our rights especially the second amendment. But not just that they fight so that others can live comfortable lives inside the US while these men and women suffer through bullets, mortar fire and Improvised Explosive Devices. “I am proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free” I love my country. Do you?