In the News: The Fight For Gay Rights

literarylife
In the news there are hundreds of problems going on. Sometimes we overlook them because they seem out of our hands or we believe they are not affecting to us personally. But this is not true. When considering this contest I debated with myself what problem I should address, in the end I was able to decide on Gay Rights. There are many people who do not believe in the right to perform a gay marriage. There have been many occasions in the past where I was unsure of outing my opinion in the midst of my peers. But since the big Court Debates I have become much louder concerning this opinion. By telling the people of America who we can and cannot marry we are taking away their freedom. We came to America so we could practice our own religion and beliefs. When we try to take the right of marrying whom we please away we are tearing down all that we have worked and stood for throughout or climb to success in being a FREE country. I personally am straight. I believe that’s the way god created me. Man and woman were created to fit together and bring new spirits into this world. But that does not mean others cannot have their agency in what sex they prefer. Everyone has the right to be happy, and we don’t know the best way for them to find that happiness. By standing on the side ignoring what much of America is refusing, we are accepting the fact that we are preventing someone’s freedom simply because we are not like them. Occasion people enslaved Native people for the same reasons. White is no better a color than white just as straight is no better than gay. We are all people and we all deserve equality. America needs to stand up for her people.