STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite TV Show: When Life gives you lemons, watch it

kennainky
Life is a new show I found on Netflix. It isn't actually new, it was made in 2007, but luckily 2007 wasn't old enough to make the show unattractive. I don't know why I'm so addicted to it. The story itself is quite yawn-inspiring, so it must be the main actor, Damian Lewis. My fascination isn't with his popularity (I had never heard of this man in my life), but with his excellent talent of playing a crazed cop who had been locked up in prison for twelve years. His red hair combined with a love of fruit and Zen give him a distinctness from most of the cops he works with. At times he has an unusual calmness and other times his temper flares. I cannot wait to finish the show and see where this strange creature goes in his Life.
Beside the main character I find the flashbacks of a TV interview keep my eyes planted on the screen. The interview can be compared to something you would see on 20/20. The press was doing a special on the main character, who had been found innocent and released from prison after 12 years. They show clips of interviewees led into guilt trips because they had condemned him to being a cop in prison. The first week he was stabbed and had multiple broken bones. They talk to his ex-wife, lawyer, ex-partner, the prosecuting detective, and a few other people. His lawyer and ex-partner always had faith in him, while his wife and prosecutor left him for dead. The interviews are fun to watch because they change the lighting and tone from the rest of the show.
The most important reason I watch this (and any show) is for the romance. So far I can't tell if Lewis will end up with his lawyer, who is married, or his new partner, who has just come out of rehab. Mostly he spends his time being a lady's man and getting all that he can. Hopefully this will end soon because it is the one negative factor about the whole show.
I can't believe how lucky I am for finding this on Netflix and not having to wait weeks for a new episode to come out. I eat them up like popcorn.
That's Life
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy