My Favorite TV Show: When Life gives you lemons, watch it

kennainky
Life is a new show I found on Netflix. It isn't actually new, it was made in 2007, but luckily 2007 wasn't old enough to make the show unattractive. I don't know why I'm so addicted to it. The story itself is quite yawn-inspiring, so it must be the main actor, Damian Lewis. My fascination isn't with his popularity (I had never heard of this man in my life), but with his excellent talent of playing a crazed cop who had been locked up in prison for twelve years. His red hair combined with a love of fruit and Zen give him a distinctness from most of the cops he works with. At times he has an unusual calmness and other times his temper flares. I cannot wait to finish the show and see where this strange creature goes in his Life.
Beside the main character I find the flashbacks of a TV interview keep my eyes planted on the screen. The interview can be compared to something you would see on 20/20. The press was doing a special on the main character, who had been found innocent and released from prison after 12 years. They show clips of interviewees led into guilt trips because they had condemned him to being a cop in prison. The first week he was stabbed and had multiple broken bones. They talk to his ex-wife, lawyer, ex-partner, the prosecuting detective, and a few other people. His lawyer and ex-partner always had faith in him, while his wife and prosecutor left him for dead. The interviews are fun to watch because they change the lighting and tone from the rest of the show.
The most important reason I watch this (and any show) is for the romance. So far I can't tell if Lewis will end up with his lawyer, who is married, or his new partner, who has just come out of rehab. Mostly he spends his time being a lady's man and getting all that he can. Hopefully this will end soon because it is the one negative factor about the whole show.
I can't believe how lucky I am for finding this on Netflix and not having to wait weeks for a new episode to come out. I eat them up like popcorn.
That's Life