My favorite TV show: "Boy Meets World" makes me want to 'live' my teenage years.

badwillhunting
My favorite TV show is "Boy Meets World". I have been an admirer of it since I was a little kid. For those who haven't seen the show, it was aired from 1993 to 2000 and is sort of like "Friends"-meets-"The Wonder Years". I remember watching it on Disney Channel with my siblings and then waiting after every episode for another dose of the adventures of Cory Matthews. What I watched were the re-runs and this was before all the DVDs were released or YouTube became popular, so I treated it like a must-see, even-if-it-means-breaking-the-rules TV show. "Boy Meets World" dealt with adolescent issues realistically through, of course, the distinctive flair of itself created by the cast, writers, producers, etc. It never exaggerated or glamorized them. The show magically captured adolescence and the transition into adulthood beyond words could convey. Anyone who has been through these stages of life can probably relate to the characters and suddenly become nostalgic. Every episode has a lesson or theme to it while without coming off as a brainwashing TV show produced to show teenagers right from wrong and do what parents couldn't. It 'teaches' us to be ourselves, stand by our friends, follow our hearts, how teachers can be very influential, and negatives can turn into positives over time. Plus, it wasn't too 'clean' or racy, unlike today's shows, which are either totally 'Disney' or fairly adult. I think these are definitely some of the reasons why "Boy Meets World" has really stuck with me through time as it takes quite the honest look on growing up. I can always come back to it when I need some inspiration from Cory & the gang or advice of Mr. Feeny. The show makes me want to live every moment of my high school years. I mean, you can go back to college again and again, but the prophetic experience of high school only comes around once. We might never see those strange and familiar faces or be 'free' from our big responsibilities anymore. And, god knows what will become of us ten years after our graduation. Life moves fast, and we should get the most out of our teenage youth while we're at it. You know; making mistakes, going after something worth fighting for, and being true to yourself in this long journey called, life. Facing the sweetness, horror, awkwardness, and oddities of coming of age is probably the best lesson in life one can receive. All this and more is what "Boy Meets World" expresses as well as reminds us of. TV shows will come and go, but nothing in the spirit and originality of "Boy Meets World" will ever appear on television again. In the words of George Feeny, "Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good."
Comment by KtotheA

boy meets world is a reality to how is with a girlfriend/ boyfriend in high school. it shows there can be problems with each other or with friends because of your situation. The teacher/ principal is funny because my principal is my neighbor and its like he is not a principal cause you associate with him every day.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:21:50 PM