STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite TV Show: Psych

hcarver.95
It’s HERE! Finally, after all those months of waiting and biting my nails, wondering what will happen to my favorite eclectic collection of characters on my favorite show on TV, Psych, the new season is finally coming on – tonight, as a matter of fact. But what makes it so addicting? Why can’t I stop following the comic adventures of faux-psychic Shawn Spencer and his neurotic best friend Gus? I believe it’s because of the light-hearted satire in every episode; every week, Psych facetiously pokes fun at different subjects through the use of charismatic and witty characters – not to mention copious references to the pop culture of the 80’s and 90’s. Psych takes a step back from the traditional crime show formula and makes me laugh out loud with each and every episode. The relationships between characters is also compelling – Shawn and Gus, best friends since childhood, squabble like an old married couple, while Lassiter, the epitome of traditional, stern police work, is the perfect character foil to goofy, over the top fake-psychic Shawn. These reasons, however, are sort of shallow, now that I think about it. Now that I really consider it, there are plenty of shows with great characters that make me laugh, but I don’t love them with the same sort of passion that I love Psych. I think one of the deeper reasons I can’t turn away from this show, no matter how hard I try, is that everybody on the show makes such an honest effort to connect to the fans. With Psych, I really feel like I’m watching friends act out the scenes, not just fake actors who only do it for money and fame. The Psych fan base – AKA Psych-Os – is a great community as well.
Overall, however, I think the real reason that I keep coming back to Psych (like I’m a paperclip and the show is a magnet) is that in every episode, there’s a happy ending. Shawn and Gus find the real criminal, the crime is solved, justice is served, and it ends with a joke to send everyone laughing. It’s almost like seeing what the world should be – a place where the bad guy gets put away, the good guys get a pat on the back, and everyone gets a laugh. If only that were the reality!
Rate this:
Comment by literarylife

I love your description of psych! Psych is one of my personal favorite t.v. shows and I always come back to it. I often will go weeks without haveing watched an episode and then all of a sudden I start watching again and can not stop. You reasons for coming back reflect my own. In a world of unhappiness and craziness one can only hope for a happy ending and a good joke.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:11:44 PM
Rate this:
Comment by hoythunter

I love this show! Me and my best friend always are either watching this show or something outdoorsy. We are always rewatching episodes just to pass time for the next new episode to come out. when it comes out you will find us on his couch watching psych. this has got to be the best show ever!
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:15:50 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Billy24

This is a good show, it explains a lot about friend ship and how to deal with other people that you don't like or don't agree with. Shawn and Gus go out of their comfort zone to solve crime and to make lassy jealous. I like this show because it makes you happy when you are in a bad mood or a sad mood or whatever mood you are in.
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:47:03 PM
Rate this:
Comment by philip27

I love this show! It is so funny how Shawn is the biggest phonny out there. My favorite episode is when he lies to the lie detected and passes. It just shows how confident he is and how he be leaves his own lies.
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:07:56 PM
Rate this:
Comment by nick halden

i love this show it shows two best friends like me and my best friend. my best friend and i are like Shawn and Gus in allot of the things that we do. from the craziness of our day to the fighting and the constant pursuit of fun. although neither of us is psychic we have allot of fun together
Posted: Friday, March 1, 2013 7:16:11 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy